Black Brush Algae

poohbear1

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Dont know if Im in the right section but here goes.
I have black brush algae in my nice big corner tank which replaced my smaller tank a year ago.
The algae just appeared about a month ago but I cant seem to get rid of it.
I only have one plant in the tank no co2 or anything like that the rest of plants are plastic cause thats easier lol.
I scrub the plants everytime I do a weekly water change but it keeps coming back.
I did think about gettting a siamese algea eater but have found out its not compatable with my red tiled shark
so does anyone have any ideas on whats causing it and how to stop it
Thanks
Poohbear1

ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 20/40
 
Although plastic plants are 'easier' than live ones, I think one draw back is that you will always get some form of algae or another as there is nothing else using the nutrients in the water -_-
 
caused by poor CO2 & flow. my guess would obviously be flow. Are the nfected areas getting enough water circulation around them? Plastic plants tend to attract algae as they are hard & block flow.
 
I had the outflow going on top of the water but Ive now moved it to below the waterline and got one hitting off the wall
 
I had the outflow going on top of the water but Ive now moved it to below the waterline and got one hitting off the wall

sounds good.

have you tried Co2? I think its worth it, the cost is nothing for good results and less hassle in the future, if pressurized is too expensive, try liquid Co2 =]
 

Most reactions

Back
Top