bkk's "best of jatujak" pic's

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bkk_group

coconut bomber
Reaction score
here for your viewing pleasure are what i consider the best of the jatujak pic's, there were many more that didn't make the cut but stay tuned later for my "best of wholesale fish street" pic's ;)

red-dragon2.jpg

this is called the "red dragon", seriously awesome fish, too bad about the blurriness but you know how flighty fish can be..

jatujak-plakat77.jpg

two fighter's..

jatujak-plakat71.jpg

smaragdina, super nice..

jatujak-plakat66.jpg

one of the many many betta stalls. the selection was simply amazing..

jatujak-plakat63.jpg

another stall, the imbellis poster is pretty wicked isn't it?..

jatujak-plakat56.jpg

most of the vendors were nice enough when they realized you were keen on the plakat..

jatujak-plakat51.jpg

breathe deep bkk..yes, the ever elusive "mahachai" plakat..

jatujak-plakat44.jpg

just a nice close-up..

jatujak-plakat41.jpg

..psst, hey, you looking for top grade malay fighters?..

WOW! LOOK AT THOSE PLAKATS WOOT, VERY NICE! I have a question. The picture for "most of the vendors were nice enough when they realized you were keen on the plakat.." there seems to be clear glass bottles inside the betta tank. What are those for?

jatujak-plakat39.jpg

fighter's sponsored by pepsi :p ..

jatujak-plakat30.jpg

these guys had three plakat in whiskey bottles, they were checking em out all serious like..

jatujak-plakat20.jpg

12 baht per plakat? thats like 20 cents per!

bettaRfriends, they had females for the most part in the bottles, mostly i think to show off the males

jatujak-plakat17.jpg

my better half checking out the goods, the guys in the background had some fighting fish fighting..

jatujak-plakat16.jpg

you could tell these fighters were all conditioned and the real deal because all you had to do was point a finger at them and they would flare and take it personal..

jatujak-plakat12.jpg

just a nice reflective pic..

jatujak-plakat6.jpg

yet another stall..

jatujak-plakat2.jpg

check out the trophys and awards, this stall had the "red dragon"..

jatujak-fight1.jpg

like it or not, fish fighting is a way of life in thailand, when the fish battle they do what is called a "mouth lock" they lock mouths and tug-of-war until one loses breathe and surfaces..

giant-plakat.jpg

a giant plakat, i was amazed at how huge he was, too bad there wasn't a regular sized one next to him.

ok, thats a wrap, hope you enjoyed and hope you make it out to jatujak sometime. i'll post up some different pics in the near future ;)

Oh. My. GAWD.
If only I could go there.... I'd think I had died and gone to Heaven!!! :hyper: :drool:

Gorgeous pics- I can almost imagine being there myself. Did you bring/ship any bettas home?

no cutechic, believe me..i did consider smuggling a few across the border but we were still in bangkok for another 5 days so i didn't want to house them and then take them on the plane.. ;)

omg bkk.... :hyper: :wub: :hyper: :wub: :hyper: :wub:
What I wouldn't give to go! I'm ooz'ing with envy and awe.
jatujak-plakat51.jpg

mahachai :wub: :wub: :wub:
jatujak-plakat71.jpg

*dies*
:drool:
It's just so amazing and I'm sure the pics do the experience no justice. Tell your wife she's beautiful.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back