Birds Living In Roof

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tenohfive

Always room for one more tank...
Reaction score
I've just bought a new house, and I think I've got a birds nest in the loft. I've not done too much poking around to disturb them or find out what they are, but can someone put my mind at rest and tell me if having them there is likely to do any harm? I can't see how it would but my other halfs a little concerned. If its not going to do any harm to leave them I'll just live and let live.

I've just bought a new house, and I think I've got a birds nest in the loft. I've not done too much poking around to disturb them or find out what they are, but can someone put my mind at rest and tell me if having them there is likely to do any harm? I can't see how it would but my other halfs a little concerned. If its not going to do any harm to leave them I'll just live and let live.
i had this in my loft, but we got the hole patched up in the mortar, and the bird was caught in a trap and then release, is a royal PITA trying to get to sleep when all you can hear is them making all that bloody noise lol

Depending on what species they are you could just wait until the autumn when they leave the nest and then patch up the entrances into the roof.
We used to have swallows that nested in our roof for about 5 years, before my parents got fed up and boarded up the roof overhang where they were getting in.

If it something like pigeons, you will want to show them the door right away. They can carry disease and the dust from their waste can exacerbate breathing problems.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back