Birdie Hotel... Customers Are Demanding!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I bought this bird feeder to lure some birds to my garden.... I was very disappointed for the first 3 days as it seemed like I was being ignored... Then suddenly, on day 4, I had some customers and felt very pleased that my "birdie hotel" was being utilised....

Once word got out that there is food available, I've been inundated with birds of all species and sizes... I fill the feeder to the brim, and barely 2 days later it is empty again...

Now, at this rate, these birds (customers) are beginning to cost me a package in wild bird seeds.... They do not seem to appreciate the expense I go through.... In fact... when they arrive, they expect this feeder to have food in and you can feel the irate vibes projecting if there is not food available....

I'm beginning to wonder if a bird feeder is worth the effort??

Birdhotel011.jpg

Ehh, there seems to be something missing, where are the photos of exotic birds :S irrate or otherwise Mr!

Seffie x

:lol: We have the same problem, they're greedy little things, and they throw it everywhere and then weeds grow underneath!

Ehh, there seems to be something missing, where are the photos of exotic birds :S irrate or otherwise Mr!

Seffie x

Im with Seffie on this one, pics???

This first pic is from google, (just to show what it looks like, but the second pic was taken in my garden yesterday (High up in a silver oak tree... These are indigenous where I live, but makes the weirdest sounds.... We call them Kwevoels... Dunno what they are in English though....
images.jpg

Birdhotel003.jpg

How cool are they :good:

The Grey Go-away-bird (Corythaixoides concolor), also known as Grey Lourie, Grey Loerie, or Kwêvoël, is a southern African bird of uniform grey with black beak and strikingly pink gape. It is widespread in savanna woodland, a clumsy flier though extremely agile in clambering through tree crowns. It has a distinctive loud alarm call "quare", fancifully sounding like "Go-away". The crest is raised when excited.

Diet is mainly fruit (such as wild figs and berries), flowers and buds, leaves, termites and snails. Its habitat is dry open savanna woodlands, farms, parks, and suburban gardens, often near water

Source: Wikipedia

Seffie x

it looks like a cockatiel :lol: but i lie the name better hahaha Go-away bird.... i need me one of those

Seffie x

Once again... The first one is googled.... This is the "Blousysie" as we know it.... and there were about 20 of 'em around the feeder, but when I open the fron door to photograph them... they all fly away... The second photo is what I could get of them with a 10X zoom in.....
untitled.jpg

Birdhotel028.jpg

aha i know what that is, its a cordon bleu finch! they sell them here in the US as pets, i really want a pair!

its a cordon bleu finch!

they look very special, but cordan bleu, isn't that cooking :p (i know, it means blue ribbon :p) but just for a minute I was thinking they cook them!! :blink:

Seffie x

:lol: when i first saw them i was wondering the same thing

but yes very pretty and if you have a big enough eclosure (8x3x3) they breed.

I do not have a clue what these are, but probably some sort of yellow Finch... (again, half of them flew away when I opened the door to photograph them, and there were still a lot sitting in the tree.

EDIT:(Yep... Googling them, brings me to "Misto Yellow Finch"

BirdieHotel014.jpg

BirdieHotel007.jpg

BirdieHotel011.jpg

BirdieHotel009.jpg

These 2 are the same type as Arthur and Merryl who are currently breeding in my back yard.... They are just ready to jump onto the free meal.

40years020.jpg

40years021.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back