Birdie Hotel... Customers Are Demanding!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Unfortunately, these birds are all so nervous and would not allow me a close-up (full frontal) before they take off.... Here are some Indian Mynah and a male Yellow Finsch which I saw yesterday.... this brings the total count to 14 species observed in my yard to date.... there are lots more, but they are too quick for me to take a photo....

Birds008.jpg

Birds007.jpg

Birds010.jpg

Birds017.jpg

I got some better photos of these Butchers this afternoon, and they are so beautiful, I could not resist to post them again.....

Fishofthemonth001.jpg

Fishofthemonth002.jpg

Fishofthemonth005.jpg

Fishofthemonth006.jpg

I just cant get over how vibrant their red is, its amazing, post loads of photos, I cant get enough of them

Seffie x

WOW! those butcher birds are intense! Never seen such vivid color on a bird. beautiful! thanks for sharing :)
cheers

Love seein these pics :good:

we have a dietary equivalent of your butcher bird in the uk called a red backed shrike they catch small animals and store them on a larder of thorns and such in bushes not as nice as yours though by a long chalk

regards scot :)

This chap was in the shade, so couldn't get a good shot of him, but must be some sort of woodpecker.

Birds012.jpg

On the side of the house, i have this mullberry tree and there must be at least 40 birds in it at any time... unfortunately, the growth is thick and it is hard to find a good photo of any bird

Birds004.jpg

I could however get these two of the "Go-away" bird.....
Birds007-1.jpg

Birds005-1.jpg

And then of course... these chaps are moving deeper and deeper into town.

Birds001.jpg

How lovely, a Mulberry tree :good: do you use the fruit Lud?

Seffie x
At the rate that these birds are stripping them Seff... I donn't think there'll be any for me to use by the time they're ripe, but I am seriously looking for silkworms, (so's I can at least use the leaves productively)

Hi Lud there are a few kinds of mullberry all very very similar the fruits the same and everything however silk worms only like one of them I will dig out some info for you about it if you like ?

regards scot :)

Having had the Birdie hotel for so long now, I do not check it on a daily basis.
Sysie014.jpg

However….. In passing tonight, I saw movement inside of it and on closer investigation…. I found this little fella trapped inside.
Sysie018.jpg

I just do not know how he/she got in there (or how long he/she's been in there)…..
Sysie019.jpg

He/she was released after the photo session.
Sysie021.jpg

Wow. That bird in the feeder is beatiful as well. I really like how unusual the "go away" birds are. I really enjoy this thread. Im a big birdwatcher and love your variety there.
thanks again for sharing
Cheers

Most reactions

trending

Back