Birdie Hotel... Customers Are Demanding!

Fab pics ludwig :good:

If i put a bird table in my garden,i would probably end up get pigeons,seagulls and crows... :rolleyes: although i do see finches and blackbirds around,but nothing exotic looking has yet...

This is just unbelievable.... I refilled to the brim again yesterday, and it is finished....At times, literally hundreds of them. Mostly have the Yellow finches (& I don't like them) so I'm changing my seeds to maybe lure some other species.

put up some fat balls and see how long they last..... :lol:

Alessa x.

Forget the singing, LV, I come to your house to go bird-watching! The pigeon species is featured in Zoo's Aviary in Miami. Do you get quelea species? A flock of those must be pretty amazing, or are they more West and North of you?

Forget the singing, LV, I come to your house to go bird-watching! The pigeon species is featured in Zoo's Aviary in Miami. Do you get quelea species? A flock of those must be pretty amazing, or are they more West and North of you?

Had to google the quelea to see what you're talking about, and yes... the red billed are here in abundance, but then... who cares... we have good red wines as well....

I saw this red breasted Butcher bird below my birdie hotel this morning...

Birdhotel004.jpg

Birdhotel009.jpg

This one I cannot Identify....
Birdhotel012.jpg

And this Hadidah was spotted on the roof of my brother's house
newfish006.jpg

I've tried setting up bird feeders a few times but since my back garden is next door to the M25 I've had no joy.

I did attract a rat though :rolleyes:

Wow, look at that Butcher bird - does he get his name because of the bright red breast and he kills (butchers) other birds?

Seffie x

Wow, look at that Butcher bird - does he get his name because of the bright red breast and he kills (butchers) other birds?

Seffie x

It must have a violent connetation... in Afrikaans it is called a "Laksman", which is "Hangman" or "executioner".... They are known for catching lizards and then hanging them on the thorns of an Akasia tree to dry out and then come back later to eat them. I see they're also known as "Crimson-breasted shrike"

shrikes in the eastern us do the same thing-impale their prey on barbed wire or thorns. have yet to see one in the flesh, but always on the lookout (theyre on my list of birds to see...im a birding NUT..nature nut really but been birdwatching since i was very small).
thanks for sharing LV! :)
cheers

shrikes in the eastern us do the same thing-impale their prey on barbed wire or thorns. have yet to see one in the flesh, but always on the lookout (theyre on my list of birds to see...im a birding NUT..nature nut really but been birdwatching since i was very small).
thanks for sharing LV! :)
cheers
And we also know you're a rifle nut.... you wanna shoot them with your Winchester or camera?? :lol:

The unidentified one I've found the Afrikaans name for it is "Vurkstert Byevanger", which directly translated is a "Forktailed bee catcher"..... can't find the English name for it though.... Anybody know how that translator thing on google works?? (at the end of this you all will be able to communicate in Afrikaans).....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back