Billy Mays

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I guess they do come in three's :sad: I think this one bothers me most. I just started getting into his new show- Pitchmen. I love this guy. He could sell ice to an eskimo :nod: Great guy!

I am so... shocked and upset right now. What is with all the young deaths? Billy Mays will never be forgotten.

RIP

I guess they do come in three's :sad:

Actually this time it's in fours. Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson and now Billy Mays. Poor guy, I always loved watching his infomercials, one of my not so secret vices. :blush:

You're right!!!! I forgot about Ed McMahon. The Tonite Show was one of the best shows ever. I never was the same when Leno took over.

5's - one you may not have heard of but Dougie Bunn - founder of the Hickstead Showjumping Derby also died recently - he was older but it's still rocked the horsey world.

Think that's enough for one week eh?

He was the biggest infomercial salesman on tv (USA). He plugged Oxi-Clean, Kaboom, and a bunch of other stuff.

Who is Billy Mays, what happened to him?

He was the biggest infomercial salesman on tv (USA). He plugged Oxi-Clean, Kaboom, and a bunch of other stuff.

Apparently he died in his sleep, was only 50. :blink: There not sure what happened yet, he'd had one surgery on his hip with another scheduled, I'm thinking blood clot of some kind, but who knows.

Well, I take that back apparently he died of heart disease.
The Hillsborough County Medical Examiner reports the exuberant TV pitchman died quietly in his sleep from hypertensive heart disease -- the left ventricle was enlarged, a key symptom.
[URL="http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-mays-autopsy30-2009jun30,0,3463271.story"]http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/na...0,3463271.story[/URL]

David Carradine is another recent death. Such a shame about all these people. Our world is that much the poorer for the loss.

David Carradine is another recent death. Such a shame about all these people. Our world is that much the poorer for the loss.

I thought about including him, but I was think of everyone that had died in the past week, odd that many well know people dying close together. :blink:

I was really sad when I heard about Carradine, I grew up watching Kung Fu with my mom. :wub:

RIP Billy Mays!!!!!

1958-2009

He was the best spokesperson ever!! I wanted to buy Oxi Clean and that putty stuff that he sold! I don't even have a use for it!! Now they replaced him with another Oxi Clean guy and I don't want Oxi Clean anymore... :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back