20231023_183140.jpg
20231015_203627.jpg
20231110_201901.jpg
20231015_203622.jpg
20230916_174124.jpg
20230925_214336.jpg
20231015_203604.jpg
20231015_203601.jpg

Awesome tank and fish. Now you just need @Fishmanic to come along and tell you to enter it in some competition 😀
Nah, Fishmanic knows not to do that to Aquabarb...

Aquabarb = 🃏 in all the competitions...
No one has a chance. 😂😂

(I say this in a joking way of course. I'm not saying he shouldn't participate. Just playing a bit lol)

Does look like ive entered loads of the comps tbf lol🤣
I only enter one totm a year tho, just been very fortunate to win the ones ive entered 🍀

btw your clown loaches are much more friendly than mine. I have 13 in a 10x4; some of them i've had as long as 4 1/2 years but they still all scatter when i walk by and the older ones mostly only come out at night these days - now the yoyos with them are much more friendly with one spending the day sleeping against the glass (side); maybe one day they will get friendly or at least picture friendly like yours. This is the best i've gotten (when first move them to the 10x4 they spent about 2 weeks surfing 24 hours a day but now mostly only at night:

btw your clown loaches are much more friendly than mine. I have 13 in a 10x4; some of them i've had as long as 4 1/2 years but they still all scatter when i walk by and the older ones mostly only come out at night these days - now the yoyos with them are much more friendly with one spending the day sleeping against the glass (side); maybe one day they will get friendly or at least picture friendly like yours. This is the best i've gotten (when first move them to the 10x4 they spent about 2 weeks surfing 24 hours a day but now mostly only at night:
Does seem strange that yours are really shy, specially with a group of 13 and having them for so long. Id be tempted to up your group tho in such a big tank.

Have the clowns always been in with the yoyo's? Ive heard they can be quite fiesty compared to the clowns

Magnificent! How in the world do you keep those complex hydrocarbon plants so pristinely free of algae?
When i see any algae starting to form on some of the tips (normally 6-8 wks ish) i will take them out and put in a bucket of water with a cap full of bleach and soak over night. Then give them a good rinse off before putting them back in good as new.

Really good because it freshens up the scape every couple of months so i never get tired of this tank.

Does seem strange that yours are really shy, specially with a group of 13 and having them for so long. Id be tempted to up your group tho in such a big tank.

Have the clowns always been in with the yoyo's? Ive heard they can be quite fiesty compared to the clowns
Always kept them with yoyo and zebra loaches. The yoyo are more active and will frequently swim to all the caves collecting other loaches to school with (I have 13 clown, 4 or 5 yoyo and 8 to 10 zebra). I've not had 13 clown loaches the full time as i had a 120 and after i moved i put them in a 550 (units gallons) - i had 6 in the 120 but some disease broke out after a few year - something on cherry barbs that did not harm them - and 3 clown died as well as all my cardinals - i replaced the 3 dead clown after 2 months and added 2 more (knowing i was going to move); that was about 18 months before i moved and then added 5 more after i moved. One of the clown is either a runt or hybrid but hasn't grown one bit in 3 years but the others all look normal and were purchased from reliable sources - the largest is around 6 or so inches depending on how you measure them - one slim (male?) and one fat and round (female?) the third is a bit smaller and then the others are at most 4 inches with the smallest being nearly 3 inches now (ignoring the runt who is around 2). The yoyo are all adults now and i think one of the yoyo might be a golden - it is lighter colour but the pattern doesn't really fit a golden zebra - the problem is there are 4 or 5 loaches that look similar when young and then change pattern as they age and they are mostly sold as yoyo even if not. I remember one group i got 4 years ago that were all golden zebra - funny thing (or sad) all the golden zebra i had previously jumped out. The true yoyo didn't nor any other loach but one day i left the lid open and a single golden zebra jumped out and then there was a small slit in the bakc for tubing and 4 more jumped out the next day - guess golden zebra are more prone to jumping?

The 550 has a very solid fitting set of lids with no gaps so it would be hard for one to jump if they were inclined but i find the tank fully loaches stocked. The only thing i might add at this point are chocolate chiclid (not likely as they might eat some of the smaller schoolers) or krobia - but i'd probably put the krobia in the 450 with geo - the other tank is all sa fishes the 550 is mostly sa fishes with a lot of loaches.
-
Only the upstair aquarium has cherry barbs now - i keep that aquarium cooler.

Anyway i won't add more clowns because eventually the ones i have might be large.

Btw this is what they do at dinner time; i kid you not. The short end of the tank is about 4 feet from my desk; normally during the coarse of the day they stay far away but around 3:30 (i feed them at four) this begins to happen:
r1.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back