Bettas With No Pump In Lfs

any fish left in a small cup or container is not good IMO i don't care what it is they are doing with the water.
 
a fish or fish(s) in a fish in cycle create ammonia to feed the bacteria, we then remove the majority of this in a water change and slowly the bacteria grows to allow the full cycle. This cant happen in a cup unless your doing mulyiple water changes (we're talking LOADS per day) which will just stress a fish. Just because it is surviving doesnt mean its living,
 
a fish or fish(s) in a fish in cycle create ammonia to feed the bacteria, we then remove the majority of this in a water change and slowly the bacteria grows to allow the full cycle. This cant happen in a cup unless your doing mulyiple water changes (we're talking LOADS per day) which will just stress a fish. Just because it is surviving doesnt mean its living,

True, even though our debate is over.
 
when was the debate over? when you decided it was more important to have a party than keep fish healthy?
 
Gremlin was talking about how the LFS was keeping their bettas, and don't hate on me because I want to party. It is just a regular summer party. And it is tomorrow, not tonight.
 
when was the debate over? when you decided it was more important to have a party than keep fish healthy?

That was really unnecessary.... we all have our lives aside from fish...
 
yes as does everyone, but to me it seemed like he gave "the final and right answer" then said he was organsing a party which was more fun and important

" And fish are in there in a fish in cycle. Look, I don't want to argue with you, I know you don't like me. I need to get my party together for tomorrow. It is more fun than arguing with you. I'm goin to have girls over and the whole 9 yards."

that was his last post, 2 other member pointed out that without a filter there could be no cycle and that it was no good yet he still states that the "debate" is over

By no means do i hate this person or have anything against them, just thought i would add my knowledge/"opinions" to the thread

EDIT

I dont mean to offend, just adding what i know/think i know
 
I'm sorry I caused what I did in this thread, It is just I want my party to go well, espically with the girls there, and trust me dude, it HAS to go well.
 
no offence and i hope your party goes well but in this thread my main/only concern is that of the betta/fish.
 
Okay, but the topic was just stating how the lfs keeps their bettas, you can't really change how they do things, so there is not really much to be concerned aboutl
 
well yes you can, fish keepers managed to change pets at home by making them get rid of goldfish bowls and offer filters with full tank set ups.

i dont mean to be rude but you having a party has a hell of alot less than me trying to post information on how to keep a fish healthy!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top