Betta Simplex with pygmy corys

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ordered the Simplex yesterday, but I was told they're really hard to find. So they'll call me back today or tomorrow to tell me if they managed to find them. If they don't find them, I'm thinking about Channoides, any other suggestions are welcome.

Ordered the Simplex yesterday, but I was told they're really hard to find. So they'll call me back today or tomorrow to tell me if they managed to find them. If they don't find them, I'm thinking about Channoides, any other suggestions are welcome.
Betta channoides are great. Easy fish to keep and breed.

Seriously fish said Channoides were bigger, that's why I asked :)

Just remembered I've never showed you the tank. It's second hands and not in the best shape. Only got it for 30 euros. No leaks or anything, but the glass has some scratches etc etc. And it also has a removable divider, which is great. That way, if the Bettas (Simplex Or Channoides Or Albimarginata, don't know what's available yet) ever spawn, I'll just put the divider and let the male release the fry in one side of the tank, and not risk the fry getting eaten. One side (when the divider is in) is 15 cm, the other 49. Only "downside" is that there'll always be this white thing stuck on the glass, but I honestly don't mind one bit.( I found the root in the pic a few years ago, near a river and it looks so good in that tank!)

Attachments

• IMG_20220825_141446.jpg
    IMG_20220825_141446.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 55
And @Crispii sorry to ask so many questions but would a ph of 7 be ok for albis/Channoides or would 6.5 be prefered?

7 is okay for both species, but they prefer acidic pH.
How acidic? In other words, what ph would you recommend? I've low gh/ kh, so with peat, I can get my water as low as 3,5.... Only issue is that the water would be like coffe and I would see nothing :rofl:

Thanks! Unfortunately, ghosties are not available in Greece. That's a bummer, cause they are beautiful. Have some updates for you I'll be back in a few hours need to go now (school)!

Last edited:
Ok. I filled the tank (in my bedroom) and it started LEAKING. Noooooooo. Lol. Emptied it, took it outside, removed all the old silicon and added new. Going to test if the new silicon worked today (outside!!lol). Will update you soon. Also the lfs hasn't told me yet if they found the simplex, they'll probably just call me one day and be like- your simplex are here (as always, lol!) But I'm supposedly waiting a call in the next few days. We'll see. Also I'm planning to get some shrimp, probably the cheapest I can find, to see if they get eaten or not- of course I'll let the tank run a few months before I buy any shrimp!

What colour would you guys recommend for background?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back