Would you have bought this guy?

• Yes

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters
Absolutely, yes, very nice betta 
yes.gif

He's a lovely example again RCA! You have a good supply of betta males readily available! My LFS has maybe 1 or 2 usually in royal blue.

They know my weakness, but yet again I resisted, he is a stunner though.  I like his lace fins and his coloured head, he is quite feisty too
smile.png

I am for once being sensible, yes it can happen even to me 
cool1.gif

fish.gif
 I am keeping space for a "BE BF Lilac HM Male" for my female, but so far they have not got one in and I have yet to source one, this is similar to what I would like to obtain.
SalamanderBFHalfmoonBettaMale_zpsa006d2f3.jpg

I voted yes, because I would be a hipocrite saying no and we all know what happened!
I would have bought him, partitioned my 30L then sat there like a naughty child feeling guilty about what I had just done. The lilac is beautiful. I can't get that white/blue spotted one out of my head but really I can't provide him with a better home than the vase he's in :(
Everyone wants to do a good deed but in my opinion there's a fine line between doing good and greed. I mean that in the nicest way, you just get excited and have to have it because it's an unusal colour or something different. So nobody take offence lol I know what i'm trying to say :p

I think it is about taking on what you can manage and you are being sensible and will enjoy Rusty more for doing so.

I am hoping to breed from mine and I feel it is a shame to waste my lovely BE Lilac female (Pics 1 & 2 here), hence I would like to get the male I have shown above.  I would only want to breed quality Bettas and therefore I would like to start with quality.  I have particular strains in mind of what I would like to create hence the stock need to have the colours/genes to produce them.

So for me it is not a case of doing good vs greed, but a case of doing what you can to enjoy your hobby, but being sensible when you have to 
lookaround.gif

I personally, as many have found, that the Bettas are a pleasure to own and very interactive, hence I like sharing with you quality Bettas I see available locally.  I still think ultimately, Betta Resistance is Futile
thumbs-up.gif

RCA when this breeding happens, would you be willing to ship?

I am thinking when my 54litre tank stock die (hopefully be a while yet) that I will put a betta in that, but I am sure you will breed some absolute beauty's!

Shelster said:

I am thinking when my 54litre tank stock die (hopefully be a while yet) that I will put a betta in that, but I am sure you will breed some absolute beauty's!
Within the UK yes, I have someone who has offered to do that side of things for me, so I will see when the time comes.  Got a lot to do and learn before hand though ;)

thanks.gif
 that will be the plan.

I will post something later of something I have bred, but need to be productive elsewhere now ...

Ooh lovely, look forward to it :D

I would love to be your first customer :D

Shel! waiting for your stock to die lol!
Oh I am definitely on the waiting list too ;) Scotlands only a little up the road haha!

Ha ha just like Cornwall!

Ny82 said:
Oh I am definitely on the waiting list too ;) Scotlands only a little up the road haha!
I did say hopefully not for a while :/

I know :) Lets hope it's not for a while yet!

RCA said:

Within the UK yes, I have someone who has offered to do that side of things for me, so I will see when the time comes.  Got a lot to do and learn before hand though
wink.png

thanks.gif
 that will be the plan.

I will post something later of something I have bred, but need to be productive elsewhere now ...

Shelster said:
Ooh lovely, look forward to it
biggrin.png

I would love to be your first customer
biggrin.png
Thanks and as promised this is what I bred previously - hope you like.

When you come to visit you could take your pick hopefully if I manage to achieve what I am hoping ;)

Ny82 said:
Oh I am definitely on the waiting list too
wink.png
Scotlands only a little up the road haha!

Cheers for having faith in me everyone, now the pressure is on to get on with it all!

What a beautiful pic! I love Irish setters. They are so graceful. Sorry about your loss :(

We are putting our faith in you because we all hear the stories about how risky it is to breed siamese fighters but you are very knowledgeable and have the experience so we trust you! 
Good luck :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back