The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tacocat

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi there,

a few weeks ago I bought a juvenile blue plakat betta(not sure please confirm) which I think is a male. This morning I fed him bloodworms and he ate them readily, but just now I put some flake food in the tank(fluval bug bites) and he ate a few and spat them out. Do I have to keep adding this until he eats them or keep feeding him bloodworms? Also, can I feed him small houseflies or female mosquitoes?(they're smaller than males)

I don't think the parameters are the problem, as the other tank mates are eating the food readily and are all in the same ph zone. None of the other fish aren't eating
IMG-2998.jpg

Hi there,

a few weeks ago I bought a juvenile blue plakat betta(not sure please confirm) which I think is a male. This morning I fed him bloodworms and he ate them readily, but just now I put some flake food in the tank(fluval bug bites) and he ate a few and spat them out. Do I have to keep adding this until he eats them or keep feeding him bloodworms? Also, can I feed him small houseflies or female mosquitoes?(they're smaller than males)

I don't think the parameters are the problem, as the other tank mates are eating the food readily and are all in the same ph zone. None of the other fish aren't eating
View attachment 147156
This may sound a little cruel BUT eventually he will get hungry enough that he will accept it... Although I would try a different flake just in case he doesnt like fluval ;)

He may not like flakes. For one thing, they are hard to see, and for another, a lot of air gets trapped in their stomachs when they come up for a flake. (Leading to bloating)

I suggest you get some good quality pellets.) I personally use Omega One Betta Buffet & Fluval Bug Bites.

He may not like flakes. For one thing, they are hard to see, and for another, a lot of air gets trapped in their stomachs when they come up for a flake. (Leading to bloating)

I suggest you get some good quality pellets.) I personally use Omega One Betta Buffet & Fluval Bug Bites.
I dipped them below the surface and let them go next to the outlet so it gets scattered. I'll look into those foods.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back