Betta Fish Unwell

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bettabeginner

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am reposting since my last thread was quite some time ago. If you need context please see:

But now my betta Itachi who I got in 2019 isn't doing so great. His tail has almost completely receded and is pale, puffy as well. I am not sure if his chronic fin rot has returned or if it is due to age. I changed the water as always but this time after I finished he ate, and went to lie down and began breathing heavily. I stepped away to post on this thread. I absolutely adore this fish, and as you may have seen from the old thread, I am completely new to fishkeeping but I cared for Itachi with everything I had. I have tried numerous medicines like salt, methylene blue, kanaplex/furan, API fin rot medication, and so much more. I had even upgraded his tank when he was getting sick so it would be easier to keep clean and give him some more room when this issue first started. I appreciate all the advice you have given me previously and I was just wondering if there was anything I can do to help him at this point. I attached some hard to see pictures since he is hiding but if he does swim back out I will take a better one.

I left my water tester at my parents house but I can grab it this weekend. I do always use water conditioner and have done my best to keep his tank pristine and beneficial for him.

Attachments

• itachi .jpg
    itachi .jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 48
  • itachi fin.jpg
    itachi fin.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 51
Can you Answer this questions ? Is your tank cycled for sure? Do you have a heater and filter? Size of tank ? What are your levels? Also can you send me a pic of his entire tank ? Is he in a tank with any other fish?

Thanks! I will try my best to help. You have had him for four years , that is getting somewhat old for a betta.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back