How to Clear Fin rot w/o too many chemicals and easy to dose/manage

Navfish

Fish Crazy
Joined
Mar 16, 2022
Messages
215
Reaction score
72
Points
28
Location
United States
my bettas showing signs of minor fin rot so I was wondering what I should do. He lives in a 5 gallon w a heater w live plants as well. I do weekly water changes and he is perfectly healthy besides his fins! Any recommendations? I have had him for three and a half months
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6519.webp
    IMG_6519.webp
    321.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_6516.webp
    IMG_6516.webp
    242.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_6517.webp
    IMG_6517.webp
    239.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6514.webp
    IMG_6514.webp
    235.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6522.webp
    IMG_6522.webp
    269.8 KB · Views: 80
Most cases of fin rot in show Bettas aren't. The fins are larger than they are healthy and in the normal run of things, they tear. It's a reason why they are kept in jars - to immobilize the fish to keep the fins marketable. Once they start being able to move, then the fins become a liability.
I see no rot.
Forgetting the pictures, try describing the fin rot. What is it that has caught your eye? Remember, we only see photos, and you see the fish.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top