BETTA fish Dropsy?

TropicalFlow

Reaction score
Does my female betta have dropsy? I got her as a rescue from the store two weeks ago, she was doing really good and was gunna go to her forever home tomorrow. Then 2 days ago I noticed her belly getting Big and puffy. Her belly Is is a dark ish colour , she is a pink and white fish. Could she have been pregnant in the store??? I’m very confused. She acts normal and eats good. Could bad Ph levels do that ??? I had an emergency today where her PH level was Extremely High and concerning . I put her in a divided tank until I can fix her water. Is oily poop an symptom of dropsy??

Pictures of the fish?

Dropsy causes fish to bloat up (get fat) over night, do a stringy white poop, and their scales stick out sides around the belly. The fish usually stop eating and breath heavily too.

If the scales are not sticking out, and the fish is eating well and doing coloured poop, it is unlikely to have dropsy.

Oily poop is probably from the food the fish eats.

Stringy white poop is a concern, coloured poop is nothing to worry about.

Fast her for max a week minimum 3 days, give her an epsom salt bath once daily for 4 days, and do a daily 10%-25% water change for 1-2 weeks.

Bettas don't get pregnant, they have eggs.

She may be young or a marble. Both will change color.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back