FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The filter media should be squeezed in old tank water that is removed at a water change. The casing can be washed under the tap.

If you use hot water to clean the media you'll probably kill the bacteria, depending just how hot.

The filter media should be squeezed in old tank water that is removed at a water change. The casing can be washed under the tap.

If you use hot water to clean the media you'll probably kill the bacteria, depending just how hot.
Thank you for the clarification! I will do that next time.

It's fine to do daily water change as while battling rain rot or some other problem.
Only clean the filter once every 2-3 weeks

How long should I do this for? And also, do I clean the filter each time I do a 75% water change or something along those lines?
1-2 weeks, start with one and see how he is after that

It's fine to do daily water change as while battling rain rot or some other problem.
Only clean the filter once every 2-3 weeks
What is rain rot?

Also, @Byron clarified this in a previous thread. Doing daily water changes will severely stress out your fish.

A 75% every other day or every 3 days sounds good to me.
Okay, perfect! Thank you! I will keep you updated. After one day his tail already looks way better. I got the water conditioner called stress coat+ by api that I saw in some videos helps with fin rot. It seems to be doing the trick so far! I attached some images of his tail, he wouldn't stay still

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 94
He is already looking better! Keep up the good work and keep us posted! ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back