Betta bumped his head?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RIOT1o1

Reaction score
Would like some help identifying this oddity. There's a small white bump on the side of my betta's head and it looks like some of the scales surrounding it are damaged. He lives with one other fish (a little guppy) in a 40g tank (had some issues in the past and almost the entire tank population perished one after the other, this was before Mobius' time though) He seems to be healthy, he greeted me with the same vigor this morning as every other, and no other signs of disease have shown up at this time. Whatever this is it happened within the last 24 hours. At any rate if I could get some advice on how to help him or whether or not to worry at all it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks picture attached

Attachments

• 20161023_083652.jpg
    20161023_083652.jpg
    983.6 KB · Views: 254
Does he have any kind of decor in his tank?Also what are the water parameters?
I haven't checked the water yet, I noticed it as I was feeding him on my way out to go to work. I do have two pieces of faux wood in the tank which is why I suspect injury. He likes to hang out around them and they're not exactly smooth. Other than that it's silk plants and some hidey holes made from plastic that have a moss ball-like design so they're also a bit pokey. Will add more pictures when I test the water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back