Best Seafood Dishes?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Going to Alvor in Portugal in a couple of weeks. Its a beautiful fishing village on Portugese coast

Been there for a couple of nights few years back and I had a lobster which wasn;t worth the cash and beautiful monk fish with an aniseedy sauce

I;m going to eat fish all week as it looks so good and fresh there but I;m ignorant to whats good and bad.

Recommend me some tasty fish dishes! and are the massive 12 inch prawns as nice as lobster?(they're cheaper)

The only seafood's I ever eat are Crab, Cockels, Muscles, Prawns etc.

Do they do Paella in Portugal? I know it's more of a Spanish thing but....A nice fish Paella with a meaty fish, mussels and crab (with the legs as they add massive flavour) is the ticket :)

Will you have cooking facilities yourself? If so you're in a fishing villiage
w00t.gif
get some lobster first thing in the morning from the guys as they come in, you'll get it much cheaper and FRESH...then boil for a bit, strip out the meat (eating as you go) and use it to make a lovely salad!

My all time favourite fish dish as to be a Fijian multi-cultural dish, it takes from both traditional Fijian and Hindu cooking, and is called a "Suruwa".
Basic ingredients are:
Meaty fish such as Barracuda, Tuna, Marlin, Swordfish etc
Fresh coconut cream
Lime juice and zest
Onion
Hot Chilli
Gurum Massala
Turmeric
Mustard Seed
Curry Leaves
Salt

yum, yum

well I;ve been and the seafood was gorgeous

The best i had was a whole Red Snapper which was done on the hot coal griddle absolutely beautiful

had mussels, golden bream swordfish and a Quarter pounder with cheese!!

beautiful

a great resort if anyone wants a nice chilled break

our lass makes jambalaya with seafood
octopus
squid
muscles
cockle's
prawns
crayfish tails
king prawns
shrimps
clams
it also as rice
cheritzo sausage
corgett
peas
kidney beans
turmeric
coriander

its taste lovely

I love eating fish. I think the best type to eat is the Monkfish. Lovely!

James.

Paella...washed down with a nice glass of Porto. SH

I second paella whole-heartedly, but you cannot be light-weight with the stock you use, or the saffron. :lol: it must be a rich dish. There are variants of paella all throughout Spain. The more inland you are, the less it becomes as seafood dish. There are recipes I have seen that have called for pork, chicken, chorizo, and even rabbit as some of the meat components. Very yummy dish. It is one of my family's favorites.

In Milan, I ate a risotto di frutti di mare. Very good as well, lighter, but still quite rich and the seafood in it was great, entire mussels, clams, shrimp, squid, and octopus.

LLj

A very traditional portuguese dish for you to try (if they sell it), is...squid cooked in ink (I find it smells and tastes like eating a biro pen). It comes out all black but the Portuguese love it. The nicest fish I have had in Portugal is fresh oysters, cooked with lemon juice (yum). We've also had octopus and squid stew, fish pie too lol. Oooh anything with dried salted cod is a big traditional thing too.

The Portuguese are big fans of garlic lol.

My boyfriends mam is Portuguese so I get to try a lot of the fish dishes :) (I'm a big favourite because I'll try them as well).

Paella is my favourite :)

do you not feel guilty eating
fish in front of your fish :unsure:

no!! :hyper:

Me neither; I would never eat my fish though. I did see in the local Chinese Cash and Carry...."Catfish in honey sauce" - I was sooo tempted; however I have a catfish :(. I didn't want to open the pot and find a whole catfish looking up at me lol.

I eat catfish all the time . River Cobbler which is from tesco although a google search told me is a vietamese catfish

Most reactions

Back