Best Place For It

DRD1812

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This is probably the best place for it lol. Apart from my Betta's is there anything else in my tank that would conflict?

how big is your tank? id say you need more black widows as they need to be in groups of 6.

Unless that's a realy big tank with LOTS of cover, you shouldn't realy be keeping a male and female betta together in there...

This is probably the best place for it lol. Apart from my Betta's is there anything else in my tank that would conflict?

Umm... the best place for what? Maybe there's a picture in your post that isn't showing up for me or something but I can't see what is the best place for what lol :p ...

sylvia said:
Umm... the best place for what? Maybe there's a picture in your post that isn't showing up for me or something but I can't see what is the best place for what lol :p ...
I think he meant the best forum to start the thread in.

Yes, tank size and cover levels notwithstanding...

Generally bad combos:
male betta : female betta
male betta : blue/opaline gourami

Also, keep an eye on the gourami as it matures. Depending entirely on individual temperment, opaline gourami can be very peaceful or very aggressive with peaceful community fish like you have.

As mentioned above, the black widows are schooling fish.

Regarding stocking levels, that quantity of fish should be in at least a 30g (3') tank, preferably larger, especially if you increase the number of black widows.

Hope that helps... :thumbs:

Yeah its pretty big and I very rarely see my female betta apart from feeding time and she never has stress lines or ripped fins etc so they seem pretty good so far and they've been together a good few month now.

Sometimes my gourami can be a little defensive but hasn't actually hurt anything yet.

The only fish that have done any damage to others is the black widows which I didn't know were nippy till I got them and now my male betta has a shorter straglier tale which upset me a little. The black widows where the last fish I bought and I was planning on getting more then a Khuli loach and that would have been me done but now I wondering if I get more widows will they all be nippy or might it calm them down abit?

Also Bettas shouldn't be kept Gouramis as they are closely related, keep a very close eye on them.

Ok thank you, do you think that if I got 4 more black widows they would stop taking chunks outta my bettas tale?

I knew Gouramis and Betta's were from the same region I didn't no they were related thank you I'll keep an eye on them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back