🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CaptainBarnicles

Moderate Pleco Tolerator
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before folks, I'm in the UK and I'm looking for affordable but good quality! My LFS doesn't always have what I want and they're expensive. I'm in the process of setting up a 60l but very soon I'll be doing my 140l long... Been saving my pocket money!

I usually get my plants from one Ebay seller or a shrimp website as I have shrimps and snails in both my tanks so I need shrimp safe plants. So many shops (real and on-line) source their plants from outside the EU so they have been treated with insecticide and snail killer. Since their plants are EU grown, they do tend to be more expensive. Apart from these two, I can't recommend other shops from personal experience.
But if you don't intend to keep shrimps or snails, plants from outside the EU won't be a problem. There are sellers on Ebay who supply plants cheaply - but check the feedback.

Ooh thanks for the mention!

Sorry if this has been asked before folks, I'm in the UK and I'm looking for affordable but good quality! My LFS doesn't always have what I want and they're expensive. I'm in the process of setting up a 60l but very soon I'll be doing my 140l long... Been saving my pocket money!
Pro-Shrimp is great. For livestock, they sell snails and shrimp at relatively cheap prices.
They sell plants (all safe for shrimp and snails), substrate, heaters, filters, airstones, decorations, pretty much anything and everything you could ever want.
Got a 10kg bag of pebble/gravel substrate for £7. Postage is very cheap for decoration, equipment and livestock. Very few bad reviews, and I'd definitely recommend it. Try it out for yourself and see what you think.

Sorry if this is rushed and hard to follow, haha.

I am not an expert, only started at Christmas. But kitted out my 200l tank from https://www.aquaessentials.co.uk and everything was in great condition. All of it is thriving and will definitely go back in future, but I am not claiming extensive expertise ha ha!

They also exceeded their delivery estimate - I thought it was coming on a monday but arrived saturday. Bonus that I could upgrade shipping to DPD - who are certainly the most reliable courier in my neck of the woods.

Ooh thanks for the mention!

Pro-Shrimp is great. For livestock, they sell snails and shrimp at relatively cheap prices.
They sell plants (all safe for shrimp and snails), substrate, heaters, filters, airstones, decorations, pretty much anything and everything you could ever want.
Got a 10kg bag of pebble/gravel substrate for £7. Postage is very cheap for decoration, equipment and livestock. Very few bad reviews, and I'd definitely recommend it. Try it out for yourself and see what you think.

Sorry if this is rushed and hard to follow, haha.
Brilliant, thank you! Made perfect sense ?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back