Best Filter For 320Litre Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

geordieelvis

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all, I currently have a 90litre starter tank which has been running for a year now and is going great.....problem is that I now have the bug again and have just bought a 315 litre tank! I don't have any equipment with it so what would you recommend ? I currently have a fluval U2 for my small tank but I am thinking about going for an external filter system for this big tank?
Let me know what you guys think,
Cheers

surely at that size your into fluval fx5 filter,never had one myself but know people that have and they all happy as with them.

Only two choices I would seriously consider, depends on your budget,

Eheim Classic 600 (2217) - more expensive but hear good things about Eheim products.

TetraTec EX1200 - cheaper but decent performance and quality. I use one personally and it is a good external filter.

Ch4rlie said:
Only two choices I would seriously consider, depends on your budget,

Eheim Classic 600 (2217) - more expensive but hear good things about Eheim products.

TetraTec EX1200 - cheaper but decent performance and quality. I use one personally and it is a good external filter.
Cheers for the advice...i will have a look at the tetratec one, the eheim looks a good bit of kit but a bit pricey. My other option is the fluval 406 which I think can handle that size of tank??

Fluval and APS filters can be fairly decent for the prices but have heard some owners having problems with the build quality not being the best.
Am sure they are ok but for my money I would go Ehiem first choice then TetraTec second choice.

Very much a personal choice though, it how you feel about them.

Perhaps you may want go to various LFS and have a look at the shortlisted filters that you want to consider,  then you would have a better idea about these filters and see what you think. 

I have a 330 litre tank and im running an external eheim 2217 cannister filter and an internal eheim 2012 filter.

ashmo said:
I have a 330 litre tank and im running an external eheim 2217 cannister filter and an internal eheim 2012 filter.
I would agree, two filters would be the way to go especially as you have the room.

Personally i put the JBL Cristalprofi above the Fluval and Eheims i have owned. The one beauty of the Eheim 2217 is there is no way for the water to get from input to output without going through the media. Currently i have a 2217 and an Aquaball.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back