Best Algae Eater?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oh, I tried one already. I only knew it as Chinese algae eater. My Mbuna killed it on the first day.

Hi RecDNA

You could just use a algae magnet to clean the glass. This has the benefit of cleaning bacteria off the inside of the glass as well, (non beneficial bacteria).

Dolphin
iru.gif

I dont think this is a chinese algae eater. They have a point nose and tiny whiskers i think. This is a sucking loach.

The link he gave listed Chinese Algae Eater as another name for sucking loach. I agree it looks totally dif but I was going by the info provided.

i think that a plec would be the best at eating alge but an otto is a better fish i find ottos can be a little les hardy than plecs.

Flying Foxes are a waste of money. They get big fast and prefer fish food to algae.

fishdude said:
On the first page. Dg nice pictus catfish. The pictus isn't even botherin that lazy loach. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers fishdude :)

Those 2 pictus spend the whole day sitting in that corner (its where the food drops down ;)). The dont move for anyone (except when they argue with each other)

Most reactions

trending

Back