Best 5 gallon tank for a Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ch0le

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've decided to start a new tank and make it as much as a Betta biotope as I can. There are so many 5 gallons to choose from and I know current has to be very low. Is there a Betta tank out there designed with the Bettas needs in mind? If not, what's my best bet?

Different countries have different sized tanks and every manufacturer says their tank is better than everyone else's.

Look for an aquarium that is 18-24 inches long x 10-12 inches wide x 10-12 inches high.

Do you mean brand, size, or quality?

I personally don’t like acrylic tanks. They are to easily scratched. I stick with glass tanks, for my, “Fish room”.

PetCo has a “$ per Gallon” sale right now. As long as you sign up for a membership (free) you can buy a tank between 1 and 28 gallons, for $ per gallon! ( 10 gal. = $10, 15 gal. = $15, etc.) Any tank over 29 gallons, is half-off. I belive all of their tanks are the, “Aquen” brand. (I could be wrong on that one!;))

If you are looking for less expensive tanks, I suggest looking on Craigslist, for a cheaper, more local option. I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions, please ask!! :)

(Please consider entering in the July TOTM contest, by clicking the banner at the top of your screen!) Thank you! :) :thanks:

Thank you. I like glass as well. I was thinking about a start-up 5 gallon kit. I just don't want to buy something that I hate when it comes to the filter. Thanks for the sale info. I may enter the contest as well. I want low current for the betta and I also want a quiet filter, as I will be setting up in my bedroom.

It's possible to buy just the tank itself and get a separate filter. I'd go with that route since the filters that often come as part of a tank kit are not the best.

It's possible to buy just the tank itself and get a separate filter. I'd go with that route since the filters that often come as part of a tank kit are not the best.
That's true. It's sad that they don't make a high quality 5 gallon specific to bettas.

I use the 5 gallon kits from Walmart. They have never let me down and are like $28 for the tank, lid, and Filter. The filter is gentle for the bettas. All you have to buy is the heater. Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back