battery operated aquarium air pump

Utar

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I am looking to buy one of these, does anyone have suggestions on a good one.
I want to use it for carrying baby plecos in a bucket to local fish stores.
Thanks....:)

Slaphppy7

Mod Squaderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Look at WalMart, they sell them in the sporting goods/fishing section for live bait

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
They are all the same, just buy the biggest one you can get so it runs off D size batteries. You can also get some that run off batteries and a car's cigarette lighter so you don't use the battery when driving to the pet shop.

Use a plastic multi-coloured airstone on the battery pumps because they put less back pressure on the pump and the battery lasts longer.

OP
Utar

Utar

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Look at WalMart, they sell them in the sporting goods/fishing section for live bait
I will be going to Walmart tomorrow to do shopping, so I will look for one there.
Thanks Slap... :)

They are all the same, just buy the biggest one you can get so it runs off D size batteries. You can also get some that run off batteries and a car's cigarette lighter so you don't use the battery when driving to the pet shop.

Use a plastic multi-coloured airstone on the battery pumps because they put less back pressure on the pump and the battery lasts longer.
I will look for the type of air pump that I can run off of the cigarette lighter in my car. If I can't find one of these then I will look for one that runs of off D cell batteries.
Is this the type of air stone you are talking about?...five piece plastic air stone
Thanks Colin_T...:)

Most reactions