Bannana lily

jflowers

Ignore my post count, it means I waffle too much,
Reaction score
I have just been to my lfs to get some food and saw some bannana lilys (thats what they have labled them anyway). Look like an unusual plant and have never seen them before. Any info on them and their care? They also had moss balls, again, any info?

Jon

Cool. I always google anything before I buy, but you're right. You learn much more from the people on here who have actually dealt with it.

It does look like a cool plant. Think it's similar to banana root?

Would this be the plant you're referring to? I bought 3 several months ago. They did a complete meltdown losing all of it's leaves within a couple weeks. They are still alive, but by no means thriving. One of them started to show some new growth a couple weeks ago. I bought three more a couple days ago since I have (again) upgraded my lights and added an extra Nutrafin Natural CO2 system in the last couple months. I put one in my 2.5G betta/dwarf frog tank and the other twowent into my 29G planted. The one in the 2.5 appears to be going through the meltdown more typical to crypts, whereas the 2 in the 29G look ok so far... Search the latin name (see link above) on this site and you should get some more info/experiences. If not, try googling it.

Colin

Yes, thats the one, Nymphoides aquatica. I have read alot about them on the net, but I have to assume that you don't bury the 'bananas' in the sand? No mention of that on the sites I looked at. I bought 1 yesterday, and I have just sat it on the sand for now.

Jon

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast

Members online

Back