Banana

LolaLouie

Fish Addict
Joined
Dec 3, 2007
Messages
792
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
London
has anyone ever fed their fish banana? Is it ok to give it to them? Would it pollute the water loads?
 
I would only use it as a treat as yes it can polute the water.
 
only problem i can see is the sugar content. that's if your filtration is up to it.
 
I've given my fish banana in the past, tetras went mad for it, other fish weren't too fussed.
 
some fish eat it and others don't. Just remove uneaten food after feeding and it won't affect your water quality any more than any other food.
 
I fed the banana this morning and they all went mad for it! It's been there for over an hour and i would remove it but there's 4 shrimp a krib and a cockatoo eating it right now so i think i'll wait until it's unoccupied!
 
Next time use less banana. I used to cut mine into little pieces and drop in a few bits at a time. The fish could eat as much as they wanted and when they no longer showed any interst in it, I stopped feeding them.
 
I only used a small slice and it's almost gone. I'm not taking it out because they've practically finished it!
 
that's cool, I wasn't sure if you stuck a whole banana in the tank or only a bit. A slice of banana isn't going to do anything to the water.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top