Banana lily black tubers

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Divinityinlove

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi. I've received this from eBay, the photo showed green tubers but this has black. Can't find a reference online as to why they'd be black or the meaning of it.

Other than that, one leaf is already melting away. This is not uncommon in my tank and I am still working out nutrients and finding an RO system suitable. Because, I do have has water, and this is the only factor I can imagine being the issue. My tap water. So far the only rooted plant that has done well in my tank is hygrophila. Longterm survival and growth.

The banana lily has a flourish root tab under it. Some roots buried but the tubers do a good job of keeping it down otherwise. Although online it says it can grow as a floating plant?

Please advise mainly on the tubers being black?

IMG_20221031_160201.jpg

I know this is a very late reply.

The tubers may melt away if the plant gets enough nutrients through the roots. This could be the start of that. I don't think there's any cause for concern.
As for the melting leaves, that will likely stop when its settled.

I know this is a very late reply.

The tubers may melt away if the plant gets enough nutrients through the roots. This could be the start of that. I don't think there's any cause for concern.
As for the melting leaves, that will likely stop when its settled.
The seller said mature tubers are black and young ones are green. Which made sense, but got weird later, because the black tubers are turning green and the black seems to be dissolving away.... :/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back