Ball Python

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Haha, a rubbery snake is a bad sign! :shifty:
£50 is fair, if you went to reptile shows you could possibly get for around £20, without feeding records and newly hatched.
Seems the breeder is good though so personally I would buy from him, can always try knocking him down a few pounds :good:

:lol: Sounds like you were in a joke shop or something.

...Or a sweet shop

Well, it would be like a sweet shop to bear grylls... Seen him eat a live snake?

5ft hognose??Wow.I love hognoses, the only snake that truely looks cute :lol:
grylls!
If heactually survived of eating random things I wouldn't have a problem, but it's purely for Tv, plus he acts like a penis dramatising everything, and waste's the majority of what he kills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSlpvb1is

I know, i know but i still enjoy watching... Only, it annoyed me when he picked up a smallish snake (couldnt ID it) and just bit its head off and ate it like that...

Just google'd and hognose's only get, at max, 3ft.
His shows annoy me, I could right an SA of stupid things, for example he's walking along one second, randomly the film switches and he's running down a hill making weird noises..
All his show is about is what you can and can't eat :lol: Ray Mears ftw.
Go onto reptileforums.co.uk and do a search...1000's of people moaning lol

These were shops in Liverpool btw so if anybody would reccomend any others that are local to me then that would be excellent.

And also, i never expected snakes to be so rubbery I thought they were a bit slimey :lol:

try reptelicious in rock ferry birkenhead a fantastic shop

Suvivorman rules, bear grylls is mildly entertaining I actually met him at a cocktail party once he is a really nice guy and ray mears is good but he doesn't really challenge himself just shows tips.

Just google'd and hognose's only get, at max, 3ft.
His shows annoy me, I could right an SA of stupid things, for example he's walking along one second, randomly the film switches and he's running down a hill making weird noises..
All his show is about is what you can and can't eat :lol: Ray Mears ftw.
Go onto reptileforums.co.uk and do a search...1000's of people moaning lol

Correction, it was a Columbian Boa Constrictor, it was a beautiful snake, at least 4-5' anyway and had a lovely colour and pattern. Not sure where i got the name Hognose from. I was probably looking up hognose on google before i posted that.

These were shops in Liverpool btw so if anybody would reccomend any others that are local to me then that would be excellent.

And also, i never expected snakes to be so rubbery I thought they were a bit slimey :lol:

try reptelicious in rock ferry birkenhead a fantastic shop

Is it the new one on Old Chester Road? Do they have cornsnake babies do you know, and are they fairly priced?

I am super excited now, just ned to save some cash, and then get my first snake, cant wait!! B-)

Also, should i go with a heat mat or a heat lamp?

Also could i use this light (see link) to light the viv up a bit so i can see the snake? If so wont it make extra uneccessary heat?

CLICK ME!!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I dont like using heat lamps as the snake can burn itself on them. I prefer ceramic bulbs but a heat mat will be fine for now.

Use a heat mat, and it must be connected to a thermostat, and monitored with a digital thermometer.

You can wire up a light fitting your self and use an energy saving bulb to light the viv.

I have deciced on anery corn snake, it will be about 8-9 weeks old by the time i get it. My list of things i plan on getting.

Small storage container used as its home (20''x12''x12'') util i can get a suitable viv.

Aspen for bedding

Habistat Thermostat.

2x Exo terra digital thermometers.

2 hides

Water bowl

Fake plant or two

Heat mat, which size and wattage is best for this snake?

Get a heat mat big enough to fit the final vivarium you want, that way you won't have to buy another when you upgrade. I would advise buying the final vivarium now and sitting the geo box inside.

So if your getting a 3ft vivarium then a 17" by 11" is you best bet.

here's a picture of my hatchling setup

snakes006.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back