Bad place.....fishes cruelty

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It is sad they pack them in like that. With the supply chain broken or hardly working you have to wonder what they are doing with all those fish they usually ship. Must have a glut of unsold fish on the market:(

Check this out:
D88B49A0-AD59-40DD-B16A-53FE0B6E88D1.png

11 fish, in a 10g tank. They look like comment goldfish. Who would do that to fish?? :(

Well I have not seen any fish or other live sock in any entertainment venues for the last 20 years or so.. Regardless of the law definitions, it must be working.

I agree the conditions are terrible.
But you must put it in to context.. I grew up in the first world, now I live in a developing country.
Many of the people you see in Thailand may only make 50.00 USD a month. They do these things because they have to.
Where I live now, people think I'm nuts the way I treat my animals. My animals are well fed and very healthy. They eat better then me.I constantly have to turn a blind eye to what people do here. It's the culture. Dogs are yard ornaments. Tied in the yard, skin and bones.
It is unfortunate, but we can not apply our standards to them. We can only make our corner of the universe as best as we can for the pets we love.
The picture is the difference between my sheep and 90% of the sheep on the island. Mine are the ewes. The ram is here just to have an sheep orgy.. :rofl: the ram is in the middle
IMG_20200627_083307.jpg

It's not that it has more value... It just a universal reference. Forgive me... Most folks here seem to be Brits.. I could have said Pounds, Euros, or Yuan, but their value fluctuates.
Well, it does have more value compared to other countries “dollar”.

I won't disagree with you. Where I live the exchange rate is 2 to 1. IMHO I don't think this is a place to discuss economics.:big_boss::)

Speaking of the cruelty, it’s time to resurrect this thread

So...my LFS is giving away some of the Thailand fishkeeping magazine and the thing that really stoods out is the
Nitrogen cycle, their tutorial on adding beneficial bact are harendous
“Add animal poop to make BB grow”
Seriously?! Like seriously?! How is that safe? Do they even know what are they talking about? I could’nt imagine what it will be like if someone were to do that thing...

@Colin_T

What do you guys think? (some pics are from the internet but at the same place) @Colin_T @PheonixKingZ @Retired Viking
Just my 2 cents but this is a business and the fish are there to be sold. So maybe we need to step back a bit. Before outright indignation and condemnation. Just looking at the the pics presented the fish look to be in good shape. Isn't it possible that the overloaded bags will end up at a LFS to be sold....Someone once said never ask how sausages are being made....

Check this out:
View attachment 109723
11 fish, in a 10g tank. They look like comment goldfish. Who would do that to fish?? :(
On flip side you gotta hand it to the owners to have gotten the fish to that size. I'm pretty sure they didn't start out that size. Not everybody is a fish nerd, for 50 bucks if I lived in Cin. I might consider taking it off their hands and using the fish in an outdoor pond.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back