Bad idea or will it work?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I would say turn it up to just above the lowest and see how the betta does. Are you looking to get a betta with fancy fins (Full moon, half moon, Dumbo ear, etc.)? Or a betta with sort fins? (Plakat, dragon scale, etc.)

Bettas with short fins are bale to swim harder and faster, than bettas with long fins.
Honestly, I’m going to go to the lfs and pick out my favorite one. I saw a beautiful purple betta and it has long long fins.

Honestly, I’m going to go to the lfs and pick out my favorite one. I saw a beautiful purple betta and it has long long fins.
Sweet, I would say turn it up just above the lowest and see how he does. :)

Ok thanks. Maybe I’ll go get the little guy today:) if I remember I’ll post a pic of him on this thread.
No problem! Cool! Definitely make sure to post a picture. I just love a pretty betta, lol. Try to get him soon though. I know that pretty bettas at my LFS are sold quickly. :)

No problem! Cool! Definitely make sure to post a picture. I just love a pretty betta, lol. Try to get him soon though. I know that pretty bettas at my LFS are sold quickly. :)
Yep. The funny thing is tho the bettas are high up above the regular tank and they always have a bunch of bettas and I think they are always the same ones. I’m still going to try to get there as fast as I can tho

Will a scarlet badis and 3 ember tetras in a 5 gal work?
Scarlet Badis are super cool fish but are shy and really do best in species only tanks. The neons will out compete the shy badis for food. Badis are also picky eaters and may not take flake. Theyre a specialized fish that require more than say your average tetra

Scarlet Badis are super cool fish but are shy and really do best in species only tanks. The neons will out compete the shy badis for food. Badis are also picky eaters and may not take flake. Theyre a specialized fish that require more than say your average tetra
Yea I was up for the challenge but I’m going with a betta now. Never had one but kind of want a little fish with personality who is right next to me on my night stand. I tried pea puffers with with a heavily planted tank the were camouflaged.

Yea I was up for the challenge but I’m going with a betta now. Never had one but kind of want a little fish with personality who is right next to me on my night stand. I tried pea puffers with with a heavily planted tank the were camouflaged.
Sounds great ive never had bettas as well, good luck hope you enjoy your betta journey!

It’s the marineland portrait
I have the Marineland Portrait too. Turn it to the lowest setting and also put a piece of filter sponge under it. I put the sponge under the outlet and wrapped it with a rubberband. My betta is a happy camper in it. :)
image.jpg
and.

Last edited:
I would say turn it up to just above the lowest and see how the betta does. Are you looking to get a betta with fancy fins (Full moon, half moon, Dumbo ear, etc.)? Or a betta with sort fins? (Plakat, dragon scale, etc.)

Bettas with short fins are bale to swim harder and faster, than bettas with long fins.
@PheonixKingZ , dragon scale is just the type of scale they have. Mine was a rosetail with an incredibly long tail. It has nothing to do with their Finnage. :)

I have the Marineland Portrait too. Turn it to the lowest setting and also put a piece of filter sponge under it. I put the sponge under the outlet and wrapped it with a rubberband. My betta is a happy camper in it. :)View attachment 99991and.
Nice and thanks. Wouldn’t just putting it on the lowest setting be low enough? Also, how does your betta like the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back