Baby Bettas.......What do I feed them??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Willow06

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have approx. 7 day old baby bettas and i'm not sure what to feed them.....I do not have brine shrimp so i was wondering if there was some thing that i could make at home.........

Any suggestions are great :)

Thanks from the 49 baby bettas ;)

That's quite the number. Sorry no idea on food.

I have approx. 7 day old baby bettas and i'm not sure what to feed them.....I do not have brine shrimp so i was wondering if there was some thing that i could make at home.........

Any suggestions are great :)

Thanks from the 49 baby bettas ;)

Oh wow that's cool, did you breed the parents yourself? Would love to see some pic.'s! Unfortunately I've never had betta fry.

I wonder if @AdoraBelle Dearheart might know, or maybe could point you to someone that may?

Colin_T posts this.
Look for emergency fry food.

Check out my research paper on bettas:

"Most betta breeders feed their fry baby brine shrimp right away. The fry take to this very quickly and gobble them up at feeding time. But still there are other batches that cannot eat or refuse to eat the shrimp. At this point, they rely on foods like micro worms, vinegar eels, and infusoria. Some fry can live on the microorganisms in the tank, but this should not be counted on."

(https://www.fishforums.net/posts/3979583/)

Oh wow that's cool, did you breed the parents yourself? Would love to see some pic.'s! Unfortunately I've never had betta fry.

I wonder if @AdoraBelle Dearheart might know, or maybe could point you to someone that may?
I've never raised Bettas, but I do know someone who does! @EllRog will know :D

"Most betta breeders feed their fry baby brine shrimp right away. The fry take to this very quickly and gobble them up at feeding time. But still there are other batches that cannot eat or refuse to eat the shrimp. At this point, they rely on foods like micro worms, vinegar eels, and infusoria. Some fry can live on the microorganisms in the tank, but this should not be counted on."
:|

I've never raised Bettas, but I do know someone who does! @EllRog will know :D
@PheonixKingZ hit the nail on the head.

(https://www.fishforums.net/posts/3979583/)

I feed my fry infusoria to begin with, then move on to microworms after the first week or two. BBS can then be fed from that point onwards, Repashy Spawn and Grow is one I'd recommend also

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back