Baby betta with other fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Califedjsbewkf

Reaction score
Okay so I have a little female baby betta right now, sheā€™s really cool you know sheā€™s in a 1.5 gallon with some fake plants, a heater, no filter since it was all a bit too strong for her. But we do frequent water changes. Anyway I usually have a bunch of corys in my adult male betta tank. I have one right now who has no eyes, and Iā€™m worried that my betta whoā€™s usually cool is taking advantage of this. Iā€™d like to move him with my baby, I donā€™t really see how this little blind Corry could be much of a threat. Would they be okay together? Could I keep him in the tank without a filter? I do frequent water changes.... or should I add a light filter for the both of them?

They need a larger tank, at least 5 gallons and a sponge filter.

Even if the tank was big enough, moving just one cory is not a good idea. They are shoaling fish and need to be in a group. Fish communicate by chemical signals so the blind cory would be aware it was alone and become stressed.

Even if the tank was big enough, moving just one cory is not a good idea. They are shoaling fish and need to be in a group. Fish communicate by chemical signals so the blind cory would be aware it was alone and become stressed.
Could I maybe move 2 in there? One my my chill ones? Or would that be too much for the betta?

1.5 gallons is far too small for any cories. It is really too small for a betta as they should be kept in tanks at least 2.5 gallons, but the small female should be OK in there with plenty water changes.

2 cories is not enough either. There needs be at least 6 of them. But not in a 1.5 gallon tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back