Au Revoir

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

vinylman

Essentially Humanoid
Reaction score
Hi all,

Haven't been able to post as much as I'd like over the last few months (LOTS of computer problems at work - not online at home) and now I've been told that after the end of May there'll be no work here at all for me and the two people I work with (MAY be found work elsewhere, but not guaranteed). I've no idea when we'll lose the internet, so I wanted to say something now; I always wonder what happened when someone disappears from the site without a trace. I wanted say that I've REALLY enjoyed my time posting here and (hopefully) giving a little help and guidance where it's been requested. It's been particularly gratifying recieving follow-up PM's from those who I've managed to help. There's no shortage of good people here and - IMO - it's still the best site I've come across for good, straightforward practical advice. There's too many to pick out individuals, but I've enjoyed 'talking' to everyone. I've just looked at my post count and although it's much higher than I imagined, if only one of them has helped someone, that'll do for me. Best wishes to you and yours.

Peter

(MAY be found work elsewhere, but not guaranteed).

Well, here's hoping Peter... You've been a long and very stable (helpful) member and we do not lose members of this calibre.... Holding thumbs that this is just a little dip in your career and something really good will come up very soon.. looking forward to seeing you back within the month with some good news. ATB!

Hi vinylman :)

That's some bad news indeed. Thanks for taking the time to let us know. I'm sure many of your posts have helped other members (not even to mention passing guests) of the forum.

I hope you do find employment soon and hopefully it will even be better than what you have now. :good:

good luck, though our paths crossed rarely on this site, it is never fun to loose a comerade.
i hope you find a new job and a new path quickly and that fait will see you returned to us one day.

I certainly wish you the best and hope to see you back. Having been downsized twice myself, I know how it feels. Hopefully, the work you are thinking of will work out.

that certainly is bad news. BEST of luck in your future endeavors! hopefully we see you back soon :nod:
cheers

Thats very sad :sad: - I wish you luck in finding a new job and hope you dont have to stay off line too long!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back