Attention youngsters: need pop/hip hop recommendations

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Omg don’t get me started on Cardi B... girl that one is a well I’m not going to say as I’ll definitely get myself reported for the language that is intended to describe her! And that voice argh it’s like a mosquito buzzing around your room... ANNOYING!

Omg don’t get me started on Cardi B... girl that one is a well I’m not going to say as I’ll definitely get myself reported for the language that is intended to describe her! And that voice argh it’s like a mosquito buzzing around your room... ANNOYING!
You have GOT to quit holding your feelings in. It isn't healthy. Tell us how you really feel.

For a non-annoying talented singer, check out J.Fla on YouTube, she is a young Korean woman who has done 100's of covers from John Denver to Eminem.

If that doesn't cheer you up, check out Yoyoka, a 8 year drummer girl playing Zeppelin.

All music is sound. Not all music is noise.

(Sorry, I'm being pedantic again. I can't help it. I'm a music teacher. These things actually matter to me. :) )
If it didn’t create reactions when hitting the ear drums it’d be silence.

I’m only 60 yr old but I’m praying to every god ever worshipped on this planet that I never get so old that I start developing the closed mind type of attitudes towards changes in the world of music I read on this forum.
If music had never changed/developed/progressed etc then we’d all be sitting round listening to vinyl/cd/mp3/Spotify blasting out immaculately recorded versions of sticks being banged on rocks handed down from our ancestors X number of millions of years ago.

Embrace change. It’ll do you good. You won’t like it all but you didnt like everything you heard when you were a teenager either.

I’m only 60 yr old but I’m praying to every god ever worshipped on this planet that I never get so old that I start developing the closed mind type of attitudes towards changes in the world of music I read on this forum.
If music had never changed/developed/progressed etc then we’d all be sitting round listening to vinyl/cd/mp3/Spotify blasting out immaculately recorded versions of sticks being banged on rocks handed down from our ancestors X number of millions of years ago.

Embrace change. It’ll do you good. You won’t like it all but you didnt like everything you heard when you were a teenager either.
facts

Yo bro.*
*As I think you young people were saying last time I watched young persons TV.**
**How’s Will Smith and the Friends crowd doing these days?***
***I miss Richie, Ralph, Pottsy and the gang as well. Shame how Fonzy ended up working in that morgue wasn’t it?

I don’t get it either... :dunno:
I believe it was a reference to an old guy (that would be me) trying to get his head around kids' music. :lol:

I ended up using "Believer" by Imagine Dragons (a lot of musical concepts on easy display in that song) and "Best of You" by that other guy who sang that song. I rather like both of these songs, and neither of them has any cuss words, which is a plus.

You know I was thinking of this thread when I was at work. Why not go the older style R&B and hip hop like TLC I r salt n peps. Also we have some really good hip hop Aussie artists that are really cool. Bliss n eso and hilltop hood. Most songs are not explicitly at all and it’s about life morals and experiences

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back