Attention youngsters: need pop/hip hop recommendations

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm sure I've seen @PheonixKingZ post something about listening to Christian Hip-Hop, he may have suggestions for you
Most definitely!

NF, KB, Shonlock, Cannon, Trip Lee, Flame, Derrek Minor, Soul Glow Activator, Capital Kings, KJ-52, Mathew West, Tedashii, Mr. TalkBox, Manic Drive, Andy Mineo, Group 1 Crew, Toby MAC, etc.

I listen to a lot of Christian Hip-Hop artists.

I have been listening to “Armies” by KB, really good song. (If you like rap of course...;))

Wish I could post all the songs on my playlist, but that would take forever. :no:

You can look up my PlayList, “I like KB, but not better than NF”, on Spotify.

Wow, you’re a music teacher? What instruments are you playing?
I can play most instruments badly. There are a few I play reasonably well. :) I play guitar and bodhan in my classes. I also play the penny whistle and the euphonium.

This describes Cardi B, heavy metal and rap. Especially Travis Scott
Travis Scott doesn't scream......not that I'm a huge fan of all of his music, its worth actually looking at the artist and not just the songs that blow up. I'm sure you have heard like 3 of his songs, all of which were wildly popular. In order to truly be able to say someone just makes noise, you must have heard a great deal of their music, understand their target audience and appreciate the intricacies of their music. Sorry for the rant, I just think that musicians get an undeniable and undeserved amount of heat from people who might not like their genre.

This is noise. And i absolutely love it

Travis Scott doesn't scream......not that I'm a huge fan of all of his music, its worth actually looking at the artist and not just the songs that blow up. I'm sure you have heard like 3 of his songs, all of which were wildly popular. In order to truly be able to say someone just makes noise, you must have heard a great deal of their music, understand their target audience and appreciate the intricacies of their music. Sorry for the rant, I just think that musicians get an undeniable and undeserved amount of heat from people who might not like their genre.
Scream? How about Rush? :hyper::hyper:

And not forgetting Sonic Youth of course
Anybody old enough to remember this one?

The thing about noise vs. music is it's subjective. I hear a well-played bagpipe tune, and it touches my heart. Others hear noise. Play an eminem song, and I hear noise, while other people feel inspired. That's OK. Different strokes for different folks.

When I read this thread I thought of this:

FE5E54D5-3A86-4473-8750-419DD114A2DC.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Back