Attention youngsters: need pop/hip hop recommendations

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

That put me to sleep. Let kids be kids with their own taste in music.

Last year, Billie Eilish ruled, she won a bunch of grammys. Bad Guys was the big hit.

Try Havana or SeƱorita by Camila Cabello, both excellent songs

While my wife is still working, I am in my retirement job ie: driving a school bus. I put in a Bluetooth adapter so we can stream music. For my 7-9th grader, I stream Today's Alternative Hits on Pandora, Today's Top hits for my 4-6th graders.

Some days we do listen to the classics such as Exile on Main Street by the Stones or a modern classic like Demon Days by the Gorillaz's

Just no Cardi B!
Try going to sleep on this one lol ;)

Try some Aussie music. John butler trio, ocean alley, tones and I

Iā€™m more of a Triffids, Go Betweens, Nick Cave, Rolling Blackouts, Drones kindaguy but Iā€™ll give em a go while decorating this afternoon.

you might like ocean alley then. They are a cruisey psych, rock and reggae fusion. Confidence and mellow yellow are really cool songs

Hey, kids! I am trying to find a couple pop and hip-hop songs that I can share with my fourth and fifth graders, and it's harder than finding hen's teeth. No vulgar (or even marginal) language, no sexual imagery, no drugs or booze, nothing that will otherwise provoke angry phone calls from parents or scandalize pre-teens so much that they won't remember the music. Prefer something from the past year or two, and something that will be familiar to most of the kids.

Any help?
Dang, too bad I donā€™t like pop nowadays. I would go with some old school, like ABBAā€™s sos, or Mama Mia. If only I could schooch in some Metallica, such as Enter Sandman, or even Nothing Else Matters. Iā€™m all about metal, and I hope the younger generation such as myself embraces it.

Dang, too bad I donā€™t like pop nowadays. I would go with some old school, like ABBAā€™s sos, or Mama Mia. If only I could schooch in some Metallica, such as Enter Sandman, or even Nothing Else Matters. Iā€™m all about metal, and I hope the younger generation such as myself embraces it.
If you haven't found this guy already, check out Leo at Frog Leap Studios on youtube. He does metal covers of songs from all kinds of genres, including some very unexpected ones. He's a phenomenal musician, and pretty funny, too.

All Music is basically noise. In fact thereā€™s no basically about it.
All music is sound. Not all music is noise.

(Sorry, I'm being pedantic again. I can't help it. I'm a music teacher. These things actually matter to me. :) )

(Sorry, I'm being pedantic again. I can't help it. I'm a music teacher. These things actually matter to me. :) )

This describes Cardi B, heavy metal and rap. Especially Travis Scott

Wow, youā€™re a music teacher? What instruments are you playing?

Apparently someone did fall asleep during the soft section, they got woken up with a bang.

LOL, yep that would wake me up and for the record, I do not play Hip hop/rap music on my bus. I did play Bolero on the bus one day, I think this would be an excellent choice for 4-5th graders, show them what instrument is being added for each 'passage' (?).

On Youtube, I watch The Voice (UK) audition for Bella Voci , I love the opera song Flower Duet, very beautiful and haunting..

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back