Asian river tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm sure mine are flavatra... fearless little critters, swim right up to an 8 inch Tin Foil Barb, & take the food out of it's mouth... they were doing that at a 1/2 inch, & could have easily been swallowed
I bought a newer batch to add to the existing one and it took them over a month to actually color up the same way the others were. Maybe that is the case? I also have one that hangs at a different corner than the others

So I lost another sewellia, the female purchased in June. It was active, feeding and dead in the morning. I have a remaining male but I will never buy a sewellia again as I don't understand why I am loosing them.

I wonder if there is some other fish I could put in the tank. The tank is around 21°C during winter and up to 26°C for two months in summer otherwise around 23C
Maybe a whiptail catfish? Or some sort of a pleco?

Meanwhile the shrimp have multiplied so much there is almost a hundred of them and they are everywhere and a water change is a hassle. I dose bacter ae occasionally to feed the garras so they really thrive and nothing eats them apparently. The moss is now almost all the way to the surface.

I think you'll find the Temp is too low for most of the South American Suckers... my tank also has a couple Flying Foxes, & a medium Sized pink Kissing gourami... I mention this Gourami, as in my tank it's a gardener, keeping the algae under control on the plants...

I went back through your thread, sorry about missing the Pandas... were you a part of the "bio film" discussion a while back??? I think you have had yours longer than I, but I have been supplementing my bio film with Bacter A E... & so far ( fingers crossed ) mine have been doing well, with the Bacter AE, Repashi, tank Bio Film, & food scraps from the other fish

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back