Asian gold clams

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sam ary

Reaction score
So i ordered some clams and they're set to be delivered on a day that I already have appointments and I can't reschedule either of them! My question is, if i have someone to open the bag they came in for fresh air will they be ok till I get home to acclimate them to the tank properly?

I would guess so, I have no experience with clams, but I do have a lot of experience with fish. :)

How long do you plan on being away for?
If it's only a couple of hours, I would get whomever is at home to open the bags, squeeze the air out, blow some more air into the bags and seal them back up. Then float them in the tank until you get home.

They could even add 1/2 cup of tank water to the bag before blowing air into it and sealing it back up.

Alternatively, they could put the clams and water they came in, into a bucket with an airstone and they should be fine for a while like that.

How long do you plan on being away for?
If it's only a couple of hours, I would get whomever is at home to open the bags, squeeze the air out, blow some more air into the bags and seal them back up. Then float them in the tank until you get home.

They could even add 1/2 cup of tank water to the bag before blowing air into it and sealing it back up.

Alternatively, they could put the clams and water they came in, into a bucket with an airstone and they should be fine for a while like that.
Thanks alot, you've potentially saved 3 clams lives

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back