arrowana hanging out at back of tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

technium

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
since moving my Arrow to the 8 foot tank he always seems to be hanging around in the corner at the back of the tank with his head facing into the corner. Is there any reason to this? :unsure:

The water tests all seem fine and the other fish in the tank seem ok and he looks healthy enough.

thanks

How long ago did you move it? The larger the fish the more stressed they become at simple things like a tank move so it may take a week or two for it to settle down into its new home and start behaving normally again.
After moving a large fish it is a good idea to switch off the tank lights and cover the front of the tank with a sheet or towel for a couple of days to help them settle in.

The fish was moved about 2 weeks ago and hes about 12".

I dont have any tank lights yet on the 8 footer so thats not a problem but never thought about covering the tank. He comes out occasionally to do a swim round the tank and straight back to his place again although he does come out for food when I feed him.

Just give it time to adjust to the new tank and all will be fine, as long as the fish still shows a interest in food then there is nothing to worry about.

Most reactions

trending

Back