Arrival Of My New Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Confish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i have bought a juwel rio 240 in black 55 uk G and it has arrived today. im going to have it up stair in my room. first concern is will the floor take the weight? will add pictures soon :)

I doubt (unless you have a particularly old rickity house (Like mine!) that you would have a problem with that size tank upstairs, however, its best to make sure that it is placed near a load bearing wall and goes across the floorboards instead of in line with the floorboards to be on the safe side. If there is any concerns, always best to get a expert opinion.

Oh just to add a rio 240 is 63usg as opposed to 55usg, just makes it sound bigger :lol:

Look forward to seeing it set up :)

if you can get around bout ten people standing in the spot of the tank, then it will more than likely be fine. my juwel rio 400 is upstairs and no problems, but i am cautious about adding to many rocks.

if you can get around bout ten people standing in the spot of the tank, then it will more than likely be fine. my juwel rio 400 is upstairs and no problems, but i am cautious about adding to many rocks.

hey i have now moved the tank to my uni house but i havnt set it up yet as im waiting my desk to be moved. it was a really good deal got the tank and cabinet with 30kg of gravel, 250ml of water conditioner, juwel automatic feeder, 5" fish net, aquarium backing and free delivery that normal is 30 pounds all for £349.99 not to bad hey :) and i was wondering what way is the best way to set it up taking to note i have a tank i want to put into it. p.s just a quick pic :)

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/c...=Photo-0038.jpg

confish water weighs 10lbs per gallon,so your tank would be like two large 315lbs men standing side by side[with about another50lbs or so in their hands]meaning gravel,filter,heater and other accessories.You should not have to worry.

confish water weighs 10lbs per gallon,so your tank would be like two large 315lbs men standing side by side[with about another50lbs or so in their hands]meaning gravel,filter,heater and other accessories.You should not have to worry.

ye my dad said its like 2 fat people haha and its going against a outter wall too. what the best way to set it up because i have a small tank that im getting rid of but obv want the fish to go in the new one what the best way of doing this?

Not sure quite what you mean?

whats the best way to move my old tanks fish into the new one? i knw using a net but worried because its a small tank that the levels will all change.

what i do is i get another filter to run your current tank, let that one run for a week or so, then move your established filter into the new tank or just take the sponges out and put them in your filter box. then let that run for a week or so, and slowly move your fish over.

tbh i have seen people do this in a day, but i like to be sure, but i'm sure if you could get enough established media in your new filter then you should be ok.

what i do is i get another filter to run your current tank, let that one run for a week or so, then move your established filter into the new tank or just take the sponges out and put them in your filter box. then let that run for a week or so, and slowly move your fish over.

tbh i have seen people do this in a day, but i like to be sure, but i'm sure if you could get enough established media in your new filter then you should be ok.

hey yea i was thinking that plus i have no where to put my old tank being a student cant put else but my room. my old tank is a juwel so ill just use the old sponges from that (y) and ill put my ornaments form old tank in untill i get my new ones. p.s pictures will be up as soon as i have the tank up, still got to wait till i can get hand

Just put the media from your old tank in your new filter and swap the fish straight over. Make sure the waters up to temp etc first though. Easy.

hey everyone i have now setup the tank but with no fish yet also i will be adding black backing and getting rid of the ornament and having 3 pieces of drift wood to break up the line sight of the 3 types of fish im getting. wasnt sure if ive got the lighting the right way round ive got the highlight at the front and the natural one at the back :S here are some pics also i now love my work space new desk aswell :D tell me what you think

DSC_0003.jpg

washed

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

old tank eer

DSC_0001_2.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0003_2.jpg

What do you guys think?

want want want!!! thats what i think, nice tank man....if only i could afford it....

its best to make sure that it is placed near a load bearing wall and goes across the floorboards instead of in line with the floorboards to be on the safe side

I maybe wrong here, but if I'm thinking correctly then floor boards tend to go the opposite way to the joists, in which case the tank should go in line with the floor boards and spaning multiple joists, as they are what will hold the weight. I'm not a structual engineer, so take anything I say with a large bag of salt.

want want want!!! thats what i think, nice tank man....if only i could afford it....

cheers man i love it doing graphic design at uni so its an amazing work space dont you think? you like the last few pics?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back