Argggggggg...power Is Out !

Faythee

Fish Herder
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
1,039
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Florida, USA
Storm knocked our power out and it could be days. How do I keep my filter media from dying off ? Should I put the sponge in the tank ????? I have HOB's with sponges/ceramic noodles
 
Storm knocked our power out and it could be days. How do I keep my filter media from dying off ? Should I put the sponge in the tank ????? I have HOB's with sponges/ceramic noodles

Plug the tank and filter into the same power source as your computer :)
 
I dunno about keeping the temp up, but I've seen a guy doing his aeration from a blown-up tractor tyre inner tube.... Put a clamp to it and let the air trickle out.... He only needed to pump it every 3rd day.... Innovation, and it worked.

Storm knocked our power out and it could be days. How do I keep my filter media from dying off ? Should I put the sponge in the tank ????? I have HOB's with sponges/ceramic noodles

Plug the tank and filter into the same power source as your computer :)


I guess he/she used his/her mobile to post the message.... I often do (when I'm at work)
 
Im at work. I can't use my computer at home. No battery back-up

Putting battery bubblers in the tank as soon as I get home. Can I hang the bag of ceramic near the bubbler in the tank ?
 
I dunno about keeping the temp up, but I've seen a guy doing his aeration from a blown-up tractor tyre inner tube.... Put a clamp to it and let the air trickle out.... He only needed to pump it every 3rd day.... Innovation, and it worked.

Storm knocked our power out and it could be days. How do I keep my filter media from dying off ? Should I put the sponge in the tank ????? I have HOB's with sponges/ceramic noodles

Plug the tank and filter into the same power source as your computer :)


I guess he/she used his/her mobile to post the message.... I often do (when I'm at work)

Checked out the profile.... It's a she!!!
 
Im at work. I can't use my computer at home. No battery back-up

Putting battery bubblers in the tank as soon as I get home. Can I hang the bag of ceramic near the bubbler in the tank ?

Why dont you take the filter into work and place it in a bucket somewhere quiet ?
 
Im at work. I can't use my computer at home. No battery back-up

Putting battery bubblers in the tank as soon as I get home. Can I hang the bag of ceramic near the bubbler in the tank ?

Why dont you take the filter into work and place it in a bucket somewhere quiet ?

You know Axle..... You're a genius!!.... :lol:
 
whats the weather like there temp wise?
my tank in the uk in summer is 24c without heating.....

i think like axleuk says can you replace filter somewhere else, as far as your tank i would preform daily 20% waterchanges
 
Mid 70's, tropical storm that just won't go away.

I wouldn't worry about the power being down for days, Fay's been pretty mild and the damage isn't as extensive as it was during Charlie. Unless you're very isolated I wouldn't expect much more than a day without the juice.
 
I agree with tyyrlym, Fay is no where near as bad as Charlie, so I would assume that power would be back quickly. Last night when I was on my way home, I saw power trucks working in the middle of the storm. If your power company is like mine, then they should already know of the problem and are working on it. :good:
 
OUC, FPL, or Progress?

The storm isn't bad enough to keep the linemen in like Charlie so they're getting a jump on a lot of it.
 
i wish i lived in the US

id have flowerhorns ............hundreds of flowerhorns!!
 
There's a flowerhorn in my LFS for $800. I wish someone would by the damn thing, it tries to eat me each time I walk past.
 
Good idea about bringing the filters into work !!!!!!!!!!!! Why didn't I think of that ? LOL

We have FPL. During Charlie we were out for 10 days ! I don't expect it to be that bad this time. Day or two maybe. Some friends lost theirs yesterday and are still out so they must be somewhat busy.

Water changes aren't a good idea for me as I have 3.0 ammonia in the tap water.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top