Are You Allergic To Bloodworms?

Which choice would best describe your experience with frozen or live bloodworms if you touch them?

  • Strong allergic reaction, I have to wear a haz mat suit to use them

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mild allergic reaction, not a big deal

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No allergic reaction

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

TammyLiz

Fish Herder
Joined
Jan 16, 2006
Messages
1,009
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Virginia, USA
OK, I am just too curious. I have no reaction whatsoever to any bloodworms, and was curious how many people had problems when I saw the warning on the box!
 
I put mild reactions for both, since my symptoms are managible (sp) with benedryl, and I don't have trouble breathing, unless you call a stuffy, runny nose trouble. But, I will tell you this, I can get a reaction from even a strong wiff of the stuff. My eyes will start watering pretty quick. I'll continue feeding my fish bloodworms, but I guess I have a pretty high pain tolerance. :sick:
 
I never even knew people were allergic to them until yesterday :lol: I think it is kind of funny, but I would hate to be allergic to them because then I couldnt use them as much, or I would have to spend more money by buying gloves and stuff. But, I am not so :dunno:
 
I've actually never fed bloodworms to my fish... :blink: Just realised that.

Is the reaction the same as anaphalaxis? I am allergic to nuts and don't want to find out I get the same reaction with BWs.
 
i have a feeling that people who are allergic to blood worms are those that also have pretty big problem with bee stings. I dont have any allergic reaction other than to want to puke smelling the stuff defrosted - that is vile and hence why i chuck them in frozen now.

Live bloodworms i've never had a problem with, never even smelled a smell. hmm think ill buy my fish some live daphnia tomorrow now.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top