Are My Neons Really Neons?

SimonA

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
436
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
North Yorkshire, UK
A bit of an odd question but When we bought them the lfs said they were neons but after doing a bit of reasearch today All thew Neon Tetra Pictures I see the red stripe only goes half way across but mine the red stripe goes all the way across.

So if they arent Neons would the angel still eat them if there was only a couple.
 
Sounds like you have cardinal tetras instead of neons. Lots of lfs mislabel them. I don't know about the angel eating them, but my guess would be yes since they look the same and are the same size.
 
I just looked at the link in your sig and they are cardinals. They get to 2" and are not as likely to be eaten by your angel as neons.

However, they do get double the size which is not good news.
 
I just looked at Fishprofiles.com and it looks ok.

I might Move about half of the cardinals to my other tank with my betta if I can.
 
SimonA said:
I just looked at Fishprofiles.com and it looks ok.

I might Move about half of the cardinals to my other tank with my betta if I can.
That would help, but obviously you know that there's more that needs to be done ASAP.

:)
 
Cheese Specialist said:
SimonA said:
I just looked at Fishprofiles.com and it looks ok.

I might Move about half of the cardinals to my other tank with my betta if I can.
That would help, but obviously you know that there's more that needs to be done ASAP.

:)
Yes yes but It would help the situation out loads more if It was only 7 cardinals and 1 angel in a 5 gal.
 
Not really, to be honest. Both tanks would still be overstocked and the angels and cardinals would still not have enough room.

It would be just re-distributing the problem really.

Sorry.
 
Also I have found a tank in a classified ad service but I dont dare ask for it seen as my dad spend 50 quid on me yesturday.
 
SimonA said:
Also I have found a tank in a classified ad service but I dont dare ask for it seen as my dad spend 50 quid on me yesturday.
I can tell that you are in the UK. You could try these sites:

Aquarist Classified or Ad Trader

I have used both of these as well as eBay.

I got a 60US tank with filter, heater, light, decor, hood etc for £40 from Ad trader. You just have to look around.

:)
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
SimonA said:
Yea it was like a 20 UK for 20quid
That is not big enough, I am afraid. It has to be at least 18" high. You need a 30 gallon for your angel, at least.

Sorry again, but there's no point in you getting another tank that is not big enough.

:)
 
umm...i think i've heard it be called "car boot sales"? i dunno....we call em garage sales.....but anyway, if you check them out, you might find some good stuff! so far i've gotten two 10gal's for $3, a 33gal for $5, and a 39gal for free. (from a friend).

good luck finding some good tanks! :thumbs:
 
steppy104 said:
umm...i think i've heard it be called "car boot sales"? i dunno....we call em garage sales.....but anyway, if you check them out, you might find some good stuff! so far i've gotten two 10gal's for $3, a 33gal for $5, and a 39gal for free. (from a friend).

good luck finding some good tanks! :thumbs:
The only problem is most of them are on a sunday morning and I go to church on a sunday morning.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top