Are My Fish Compatible

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sailfin Zach

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
When my Otos pass I like to get an Albino Brislenose Pleco. Because my otos are not doing much.

That depends on your other fish, but your Otos are doing alot more than you'd think! I'm sure it'd be fine though.

you've asked if your fish are compatible, but you haven't said what your fish are!

also, what size of tank do you have? A Bn can reach 6" so needs a fair bit of room.

He's got it in his siggy, but I know you can't see that :p

20 Gallon High: 2x Bullivion Rams, 1x Hi-Fin Platy, 2x Glass Catfish, 1x Kulie Loach, 17x Neon Tetras, 3x Oto Catfish,
1x Marigold Varitous Platy, 2x Ghost Shrimp, 1x Honey Gourami, 3x Otto Catfish

It looks OK to me. Although I bet you a fair sum of money that your Otos are doing more than you think.

You're quite near your stocking limit if you ask me in terms of how many fish are in there rather than whether or not your filter can cope with the very messy species that is Plecostomus. I have a cuboid 120 litre (32ish US gallons) and I wouldn't put any more fish in my tank. The filter is more than capable of coping but it'll physically be too crowded.

EDIT: Tank contents are in my sig.

BN plecos tend to not eat diatoms very much at all once they're in their later stages of life from experience and from what I've read. So you'll just be worse of than you started. :p If you're desperate for an excuse to get more aquatic life that consumes algae (also note that most tend to only eat diatoms or brown algae rather than green or blue-green), consider Nerite snails or a few more Otos. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back