Aquascaping Ideas

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey y'all

Right forum?! Not sure, sorry if not.

I've got a 48 inch long, 20 inch high, 14 inch deep aquarium.

At the moment is has 3 large bits of slate arranged as below - the silk plants were meant to cover the joins in the background but they never have done and it's time to move on from silk plants!!

x0thcm.jpg


Today I bought some lovely bits of driftwood, attached anubias nana to them and literally dropped them in the tank willy nilly, because Sunday is my aquascaping day! I dunno how to do this though :/

I wasn't sure whether to leave the slate arranged in this way and work around them or pile them at one side or remove them/some or or..??

I know it's hard to just guess what the wood pieces look like but my camera is rubbish if there's no natural light so can't really show you at the mo, but I do have 6 moss balls too.

If anyone can be bothered to reply and help a gal out, I'd be grateful!
 
Hey y'all

Right forum?! Not sure, sorry if not.

I've got a 48 inch long, 20 inch high, 14 inch deep aquarium.

At the moment is has 3 large bits of slate arranged as below - the silk plants were meant to cover the joins in the background but they never have done and it's time to move on from silk plants!!

x0thcm.jpg


Today I bought some lovely bits of driftwood, attached anubias nana to them and literally dropped them in the tank willy nilly, because Sunday is my aquascaping day! I dunno how to do this though :/

I wasn't sure whether to leave the slate arranged in this way and work around them or pile them at one side or remove them/some or or..??

I know it's hard to just guess what the wood pieces look like but my camera is rubbish if there's no natural light so can't really show you at the mo, but I do have 6 moss balls too.

If anyone can be bothered to reply and help a gal out, I'd be grateful!

can you somehow attach maybe java fern or moss to areas around the joins so that it in effect grows from your background?
 
Holly

That's one of my ideas - I was thinking of sticking plant weights in but if I ever change my mind I am left with big holes in my background, any ideas?!
 
Holly

That's one of my ideas - I was thinking of sticking plant weights in but if I ever change my mind I am left with big holes in my background, any ideas?!

is there anyway you can take it out...and like make little pinholes.....then carefully thread plants like baby java ferns through....doesn't leave so much damage then....just use cotton.
An alternative maybe is finding some thin stick type bits or small stones or something that you can silicone to the background, and tie the plants to those?
 
Holly the background is permanent chick, silicon city!

Matt........ :/ keep at it boy ;)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top