Aquascaper 20g

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
save your money.

if you are going to spend that sort of money on fish, at least buy something you can breed so you can make some money back.
go rainbowfish or cichlids.
Don’t have a big enough tank for either of those.

There are plenty of small rainbowfish and cichlids. Pseudomugil gertrudae, connieae, furcatus, signifer are all 1 inch fish.

Pelvicachromis are 3 inch cichlids.
Apistogramma cacatuoides are 2-3 inch cichlids and sell well.
Nanochromis are small cichlids.

There are plenty of small rainbowfish and cichlids. Pseudomugil gertrudae, connieae, furcatus, signifer are all 1 inch fish.

Pelvicachromis are 3 inch cichlids.
Apistogramma cacatuoides are 2-3 inch cichlids and sell well.
Nanochromis are small cichlids.
Oh, ok. I don't think I want to breed to sell, because I just want to enjoy the hobby right now, and not view it as a chore. Maybe sometime in the future I can get into breeding.

The good thing about those fish is they will breed without any work from you. Just feed them and look after them, and they do the rest. The cichlids in particular will look after the eggs and babies and all you do is put food in and do water changes. When the babies are big enough, you sell them and the parents have some more.

The rainbowfish will scatter a few eggs in plants each day and you can pick these and hatch them in separate containers or leave them in the tank. If the adults are well fed and you have lots of plants in the tank, some of the babies will survive.

Added root tabs and removed some more GHA tonight. I'll upload some pictures of the tank tomorrow.

As promised, pictures. Plants are growing well. Also did a water change.
3BA27873-DF98-4C7A-9EA6-C271228C075A.jpeg

1C7DDD76-437E-4126-9C78-2D7C3930CE8F.jpeg
12BB97A2-4884-4AED-A117-4858134F3A52.jpeg

I don’t know when I will be able to get more plants yet.

Those neon tetras are MASSIVE
Lol, they are really big. Out of the original 6 I got, these are the 2 that survived.

They could eat all the normal ones... What does he feed them? JEEEEZ
I feed them Omega One Tropical Flakes, Bug Bites CE Flakes, and Bug Bites TF (for small fish)

------

I was going to get some more Neons a few months ago, but they were so small, I was afraid these two would literally eat them. :lol:

Lol, they are really big. Out of the original 6 I got, these are the 2 that survived.

I feed them Omega One Tropical Flakes, Bug Bites CE Flakes, and Bug Bites TF (for small fish)

------

I was going to get some more Neons a few months ago, but they were so small, I was afraid these two would literally eat them. :lol:
I guess thats the benefits of a varied diet? LOL. I bet if you got a small 10 gallon tank and raised some more neons the way you raised those, you could get them to size.

All the super strict aquarists: "You NEED to have a large group of schooling fish for them to do well."

Your fish: *only two of them and they got so large they would eat the others*

You: "Yah, I think my fish are fine"

I guess thats the benefits of a varied diet?
Totally, feeding a varied diet has improved their size, color, and behavior.

All the super strict aquarists: "You NEED to have a large group of schooling fish for them to do well."

Your fish: *only two of them and they got so large they would eat the others*

You: "Yah, I think my fish are fine"
Lol, yeah, that's the one drawback. Once I find some Neons big enough, I'll probably get 6-8 more.

I'm still deciding if I want to just get another school of Rasbora's and Neon's, or if I want to go with a more rare fish, such as the ones I posted links to last page.

Totally, feeding a varied diet has improved their size, color, and behavior.

Lol, yeah, that's the one drawback. Once I find some Neons big enough, I'll probably get 6-8 more.

I'm still deciding if I want to just get another school of Rasbora's and Neon's, or if I want to go with a more rare fish, such as the ones I posted links to last page.
I powdered up the bug bite pellets cause my gudgeons are babies, but I do plan on getting some frozen foods for them soon. I also would like to do a mix of omega one flakes and bug bite pellets soon

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back