Aquarium Sand?

Oscar Betta

Fishaholic
Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
Jul 29, 2009
Messages
432
Reaction score
15
Points
18
Location
Colorado, USA
Where can you get some aquarium sand? I looked at my local pet store but I couldn't find any.
 
UK based or USA based?

You don't need to use 'Aquarium Sand', if you're just looking for normal light coloured sand then you can used play sand (the kind used in childrens sand pits) or pool filter sand.
 
Got mine at petsmart. Tahiti Moon Sand (just basically black sand), looks amazing but is a little pricy. 25 bucks for 20 pound bag.
 
do you have an argos over there?

i just used play sand, cost me £3 a bag!

try kids shop, you'll find its the same but cheaper as LFS can sell it as "specialty sand"
 
Ive heard that some plces up north carry south down sand for cheap, I havent been able to find it down here. Its supposed to be great for aquariums as it also buffers the water
 

Most reactions

Back
Top