Aquarium Salt Creates Brackish With Gouramis?

Hdeuce

Reaction score
Now im probably going to get eaten alive by all you fish enthusiasts ...but i have a really wierd tank. All my lfs's have said the same thing, "These fish are freshwater fish, but they require aquarium salt." they told me this about a silvertip shark , and a leopard puffer. Having done some of my own research i realize they are actually both brackish water fish. Now saying this i have a problem, ive got them both in a freswater tank with a powder blue gourami, a paradise gourami, a gold gourami, and a rubberlip pleco. Continuing i have added aquarium salt to a level where it will not urt any freshwater fish. Now will this create suitable conditions for all the fish to live in? Or will my fish die off . So far its been a few months and everything seems good.

AFAIK Leopard puffers Tetraodon schoutedeni are freshwater puffers. Gourami are also freshwater fish.

When you say aquarium salt, do you mean salt to make marine or brackish water, or aquarium 'tonic' salts?

I would only put gourami in aquarium salts to treat for ich or such like and wouldn't have them in brackish water set ups.

I can't comment on sharks as I haven't had any experience of them.

Most reactions

Back