The 41L tank nowadays

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm following all the other users' advice on not buying anymore fish on the Petworx 41L tall tank and how to do water changes with a gravel vac nowadays. I used to be a beginner, but I am now improving because I am trying to be a good hobbyist. I used to struggle on water changes, but now I'm independent on water changes with the gravel vac except for pouring new dechlorinated water from jugs in the tank at the end. I am learning something new every day and I'm trying to get better at tank maintenance before I get a bigger aquarium. I will do more frequent water changes starting next week. I'm currently taking care of my remaining 3 (half of population) cardinal tetras and 4 silvertips. The tank used to have a dwarf gourami in here, but he died at 8 months after I set up the tank due to iridovirus. I am not buying anymore dwarf gouramis unless it's necessary, but only when I get a larger aquarium for them.

use smaller containers to fill the tank up after you do a gravel clean.
2 litre icecream buckets work well.

do some weights so you have more upper body strength and can lift 10 litre buckets. if you go south for salamanderfish you will need to be able to carry 10 litre buckets of water back to the car :)

use smaller containers to fill the tank up after you do a gravel clean.
2 litre icecream buckets work well.

do some weights so you have more upper body strength and can lift 10 litre buckets. if you go south for salamanderfish you will need to be able to carry 10 litre buckets of water back to the car :)
Ah. Yes. Ice cream buckets. They do work. I might have some second-hand ones to use.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back