Aquagreen

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Just read through this ian, I really do admire what you do!

Thank you AA, along with Golf it's my main hobby which has stuck with me for more than 5 mins. With plant growing i always find every scape a different challenge. It's a hobby where we can also try and better ourselves...

yes definitely, if I break from routine algae appears!! I'd do more if I could but i'm buying R/O water so cost stops me!!

what i have started to do as again i buy my RO is cutting it with tap water. I was chatting to George Farmer and he also does the same. It was getting expensive buying re mineralised stuff, so now i buy pure RO and mix half and half with tap water. My GH has remained the same, ph is around 6.2 so it's doing well.

What's a good size for a tank purely for aquascaping "practice" I want to set one up to play around with that isn't the size of a couch

most scapers will agree that a 60cm tank is probably the best to start scaping with. You can normally nail good scapes in a tank this size.

I agree Ian that CO2 is everything. I did the full EI dosing and the water changes, but I am getting holes in my leaves due to a lack of CO2. I will now adapt my dosing (lower it) as I don't feel like starting to use liquid carbon on a daily basis.

^^^good statement.

I'm now thinking I really need to up the variety of plants in my tank, I was planning on adding a couple more types anyway but I had in my head that it would look disjointed if you put too many different plants in the tank but that's not the case at all! But then I guess that's where the skill comes in, knowing how to place them all so they look natural :)

What a gorgeous picture! Oh and...I have the same curtains. Tell your wife she has good taste (in curtains) ;)

that's a great shot, tank looks amazing!

What lighting unit are you using mate?

Thanks mate, it's 2 x TMC 500 growbeams on the TMC light bracket. It gives a nice amount of light out. :good:

What a gorgeous picture! Oh and...I have the same curtains. Tell your wife she has good taste (in curtains)

cheers AA! They cost me an arm and a leg as theres another set the other side of the room. They were from Next weren't they?

I have them on both sides too!!!
w00t.gif
I tell you, great minds...

Yeah they weren't cheap but I got mine online from a place called Curtains Curtains Curtains but I have seen them elsewhere since. :p

Maybe they're owned by the same people I got my blinds from, they were called blinds blinds blinds. ;)

Well, I don't really get what ya'll are going on about curtains for. I would be looking at the Tank. Just me, I guess.

lol cute kid too :p

Ohhh! The tank! Yes, well it goes without saying hehe

Did you guys get your sofas at sofa sofa sofa too? :p

i got some new fish today from fish fish fish...i haven't got a clue what they are though...

labeled as 'Panda's' and thats all.

see what you think

panda glowlight tetra by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back